Reverse Rolling Side Glass Technique

Guest chip01

Guest chip01

Can someone give me some step by step instructions/guidelines to reverse rolling side windows, I have heard that you get the cleanest install by far and is helpful on larger glass I.e range rover, x5 etc

Guest chip01

That doesn't give me much help for side windows can someone explain! Someone from a film company has told me to leave the bottom part of the liner on when installing rollups especially on big glass. Any help would be appreciated

Guest pAiNtBaLlEr88

Yeah, leaving the liner on the bottom portion while doing a rollup just makes sure that the adhesive doesn't touch anything other than the glass while you have the window rolled down partially to install on the top edge... for frameless cars you shouldn't need to do it since there's no frame you have to roll up to.

OMG that would take forever Chip and honestly I can't be bothered in typing up a full page.

But very briefly.....cut the film on the outside or use a template from an existing vehicle and install the top of the film with the window down about 1".

But only remove the liner to the point that it is still attached to the overhanging portion of the door trim.

Heat the top so it doesn't move and the film there is set in place.

Then as you go to wind the window all the way up into the frame, hold out the bottom of the film so it doesn't touch the glass.

Once you are in the position, flush all the bottom of the glass and sides then once you are convinced it is clean, remove all the liner and let the film drop back onto the glass. Do a final squeegee and all should be OK.

It would mot be easy to reverse roll the film down the glass although it could be done but what a pain in the arse.

Devil

Archived