Question for film reps

in South Dakota the law says 35 front and 20 back net

As I understand it that means total light through is 35 and 20, not put on 35 and 20 on the 70 from factory.

now the question is all film companies state in their warranty that noncompliant films void the warranty by the manufacture. does this mean that if I am ordering 35% and 20% that the warranty by the manufacture is void?

(devil should enjoy this one)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does this mean that if I am ordering  35% and 20%  that the warranty by the manufacture is void?

I'm no film rep but I would have to say yes on this one. it won't meet legal specs therefore not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

I use 35 & 20 , 30 & 20, and 35 & 21 Big J says these fall within an acceptable tolorance :lol2

a son tech dealer uses 30 & 20

one of the solar g dealers use 32 & 19

one of the llullu dealers uses 35 & 15 I just wonder what will happen when a warranty issue comes up?

of course llullu probably would never have a warranty issue :lol2

but I have never gotten a straight answer from other suppliers on this, and I just thought Id ask. maby see if any one else ran in to this.

if its not acceptable I dont want or need :bat

Guest tint rookie

being cali law sucks, I cant warantee fronts at all, and being backs you can do anything on, its not an issue.

seems kinda lame for film co.s though. if the film went bad, it went bad....end of story. the written law dosent make the film fail any faster. :lol2

Guest metint

A way out... :lol2

It states in the warranty verbiage it's a way out of the law suit from some hair-splitting lawyer representing Joe Public who's not insisted his vehicle comply with the State and local laws and yes, it's way out of paying on a warranty on a film that should have not been placed on the glass despite its ability to live long and prosper ::bat:: perform.

Many conscientious film makers produce a 40% film for those States that have net laws 32-35% law. LLu's ATR 40%.

Why is it always an out when it's written plain English in the warranty. There is such a things known as condition of warranty and one of them is... sorry complying with the law, not eking by with some .10%. :lol2

Guest Retro Tint

It states in the warranty verbiage it's a way out of the law suit from some hair-splitting lawyer representing Joe Public who's not insisted his vehicle comply with the State and local laws and yes, it's way out of paying on a warranty on a film that should have not been placed on the glass despite its ability to live long and prosper ::bat:: perform.

Many conscientious film makers produce a 40% film for those States that have net laws 32-35% law. LLu's ATR 40%.

Why is it always an out when it's written plain English in the warranty. There is such a things known as condition of warranty and one of them is... sorry complying with the law, not eking by with some .10%. :lol2

[*]308315

Not away out. Common legal sense. Once again, I hear ya!

It states in the warranty verbiage it's a way out of the law suit from some hair-splitting lawyer representing Joe Public who's not insisted his vehicle comply with the State and local laws and yes, it's way out of paying on a warranty on a film that should have not been placed on the glass despite its ability to live long and prosper ::lol2:: perform.

[*]308315

the pointy ears come out :bat

Im not looking for a way to break the law, (mini mart sells beer to 19 yr old they get busted mini has to answer) why dont more companys take a more educational roll with dealers? like they do with beer and cig sales.

the manufactures dont seam to care when selling the film, so long as they get the sale

yet if they have to pay why do they then get a back bone

not trying to pick a fight I just want to be complain a bit and mabe understand where they are comming from.

if youll still talk to me metint

dosnt even 40% drop the vlt to >30% which would still be bad? right? wouldnt you have to use a max of 50% front and 35% rear to be within limits.

peace

43-45 to be safe on doors...32 on rears according to the math. but if you have a meter check each car. it's 24 VLT net here. I can install 28 all day long on Hondas no problem. but it wouldn't fly on a Ford. gotta check the factory glass and the film. sometimes the 28 I get in meters at 25 right outta the box...other times it meter 30...crazy isn't it :lol2:bat

Archived