Anderson Windows

Guest windoworx

Guest windoworx

Was at an estimate today and they had Anderson Windows. On the glass etching was;

"High Performance", on a door

"Low E"

"Dual Pane Clear"

It's the first 2 I am concerned with. Is HP the new Low E. What is "High performance".

:mad

Guest tintwitch
Was at an estimate today and they had Anderson Windows. On the glass etching was;

"Low E"

"Dual Pane Clear"

It's the first 2 I am concerned with. Is HP the new Low E. What is "High performance".

:please

[*]308577

Guest tintwitch

"Low E"

"Dual Pane Clear"

[*]308577

it might be low e squared. it should be tempered glass since its a door so you dont even need to worry about it.

Guest metint

"Low E"

"Dual Pane Clear"

[*]308577

it might be low e squared. it should be tempered glass since its a door so you dont even need to worry about it.

[*]308673

:lol

You can practically put any film on lowE2 annealed ot tempered. The glass performance is that good.

That sounds like Anderson's high end windows. Very expensive, and give a great heat rejection as well as a great heat retention in the winter months.

Test it with a BTU meter.

Last Andersons I ran into had no need for film.

Lady had the home for 3 years, no heat gain that I could measure, and no fade damage to her hard wood floors. AAnd we have sun year round.

Guest autotinter

Lady had the home for 3 years, no heat gain that I could measure, and no fade damage to her hard wood floors. AAnd we have sun year round.

[*]308743

no need for film? :dunno

I guess your not in the window tinting buisness! :dunno

Guest pmuzik
That sounds like Anderson's high end windows. Very expensive, and give a great heat rejection as well as a great heat retention in the winter months.

[*]308743

:dunno are you kidding me :lol

here ya go worx, andersen glazing options right from the web site we tint em all the time with no problems actually I would rather tint andesens vs. pella

Options are items that must be specified to complete an order, or are typically specified with the unit order.

Specify High-Performance? or High-Performance Sun Low-E glazings, or choose from a wide range of options including High-Performance? tempered insulating glass. For a complete list of

glazing options and their availability, contact your Andersen? supplier.

Andersen? High-Performance? Low-E glass is 35% more efficient than ordinary double-pane glass in the heating months, and 41% more efficient in the cooling months.

Glazing Options

High-Performance? insulating glazing for improved energy efficiency. Application: for the complete range of climatic conditions.

High-Performance Sun? insulating glazing for improved energy efficiency. Soft Gray tint. Application: for maximum solar control requirements.

And here is a link to andersens center of glass performance specs :dunno

http://www.andersenwindows.com/UE/ProductG...nterofGlass.asp

:dunno

Guest shattered

Simply put Anderson windows that say High performance on them is a regular low e window. Also the anderson's that say high performance low e are the same as the other just regular low e glass. depends on the plant that is marking the glass. The HP sun line is a tinted line of glass. And as far as anderson having low e2 they arent producing it yet. This information is straight from an anderson rep that I talked to in March this year. The longer I talked to this rep the more I realized I knew more about his glass than he. But this is the bs he told me. So take it for what it is worth :spit

I would say 60% of the glass I film is anderson HP line of windows.

Okay,

So how do you guys sell film to the clients who have these Anderson High Performance Low E Tinted windows.

The Anderson windows I see in the field with the labeling I just mentioned are already dark.

And, there is very little heat penetrating through.

I also know that these windows are expensive, so suggesting a spectrally selective film would obviously take anyone's budget over the top.

So, what do you guys reccomend for this application?, And why?

Archived