5% tint with out dye?

Does anyone know if there is a 5% film out there that's made with out dye? Maybe a ceramic? :thumb I'm a F1 dealer and they just started making a 5% film this year. It's prone to ghosting and is still dye based. My Guess from looking around is that no one makes a 5% with out dyes.

I was just thinking it would be nice to have so we could offer it to our customers. I always try my best to talk people out of 5% but some times you just can't. It just seems that they should be able double up on the layers that make the film darker.

I just removed and retinted my civic today. It had 5% on the back three windows. ATR05 LLumar. The film had been on there for about 3-4 years and was looking blue/purple. I decided not to go with 5% this time. That way I don't ever have to retint it again.

Guest metint
I was just thinking it would be nice to have so we could offer it to our customers. I always try my best to talk people out of 5% but some times you just can't. It just seems that they should be able double up on the layers that make the film darker.

I just removed and retinted my civic today. It had 5% on the back three windows. ATR05 LLumar. The film had been on there for about 3-4 years and was looking blue/purple. I decided not to go with 5% this time. That way I don't ever have to retint it again.

[*]309127

There wasn't any color stability 3-4 years ago... :passout

Yes a 5% all metal is possible... FormulaOne's Ultimate series could have a 5%, however, that film's technology may present difficulties in acquiring consistency in it's color outcome.

VW, have you reported your ghosting concerns to anyone other than the internet? Can't make an effort to fix something if it isn't known to exist. Lot numbers would be very helpful, I'm sure. :beer

Guest tint rookie

changing the shade wont change the fact its gonna discolor. its the film thats failing. you were on the right track at the begining of the thread.

Guest metint

Seem a little iffy on color remaining true to its color?

Back in 1980 a film was available that was still non reflective grey 35 after 6 years on the car in 1986. It also had an adhesive that never seem to quit. That company went belly up from selling a film at today's production costs to the installer at yeaterday's dealer cost. The company who bought them up locked up the goods for making that film and continued making candy wrappers.

Today, those formulations are being realized again and film of days gone by with adhesive and color stability are out there now.

But hey... it's easy to get stuck in the frame of mind centered around, 'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'.

Fear is the absence of faith. :hmmm

Archived