Security Films

Guest Diamond Tints

Guest Diamond Tints

Got a dvd from llu on 7 mil security films and need to say was good showing a guy trying to break glass on a passat, Thing is I tried a glass with 7 mil on it myself (not llu) and the thing fell to bits on the second hit with a hammer whats the deal here :lol2 I want to push security film but not if its like the crap I tried so really my question whats a good film as I need to get some llu and try it for myself to see if it is as good as the dvd, and looking for film that comes with a tint through it as well as done a car the other week with clear film then a tint on top so too much hard work there tinting it twice

So whats a good film that will be hard to break and with a tint in it as well :lol2

What about you leo what you got??

Guest darkdan

It's not supposed to stop the window from breaking. It's supposed to hold it together.

Take comfort in the fact you're stronger than the guy in the video.

Guest metint

I wouldn't say that to John's face, Dan... but then again, I don't believe he's into the DMC thing, so no worries. :duck:lol2

The video should show a rock, a motorcycle helmet and the use of ceramic chips to break the glass... don't recall seeing a hammer. Not many smash and grab thieves go around with a hammer in their hand either.

Shows what happens without film and with 7 mil, does it not? They may have edited out the 4 nil portion, but the raw footage had the 4 mil.

Of course the glass will break, the idea is to install the film on the glass removed from the car and placed back in after filming.

John was giving it a go though it may not appear that way. :lol2

Guest darkdan

Tintboy, did you install it on a tempered auto glass in a door frame?

If you had it on glass (tempered or not) that wasn't secured tightly in a frame the glass should break much easier.

metint, do you know how long the tint in the video was allowed to cure? Did tintboy reproduce this drying time?

I wouldn't say that to John's face, Dan... but then again, I don't believe he's into the DMC thing, so no worries. :beer  :lol2

The video should show a rock, a motorcycle helmet and the use of ceramic chips to break the glass... don't recall seeing a hammer. Not many smash and grab thieves go around with a hammer in their hand either.

Shows what happens without film and with 7 mil, does it not? They may have edited out the 4 nil portion, but the raw footage had the 4 mil.

Of course the glass will break, the idea is to install the film on the glass removed from the car and placed back in after filming.

John was giving it a go though it may not appear that way. :blah

[*]309640

no hammer huh?

maybe it was one of those limited edition video's where the guy using the hammer was limp wristed :blah

:)

Guest metint
Tintboy, did you install it on a tempered auto glass in a door frame?

If you had it on glass (tempered or not) that wasn't secured tightly in a frame the glass should break much easier.

metint, do you know how long the tint in the video was allowed to cure?  Did tintboy reproduce this drying time?

[*]309644

:DD If the glass is a rattle trap or is not tight within a frame, it'll break easier. Also, roll downs need be removed to film the glass for maximum effectiveness.

I don't recall dry time, but my guess would be 30 days. All testing is not performed before the minimum dry time.

John used his own car and had bought plenty of replacement glass, filmed it to all edges so he need only replace each glass between video shoots.

Guest autotinter
:DD If the glass is a rattle trap or is not tight within a frame, it'll break easier. Also, roll downs need be removed to film the glass for maximum effectiveness.

I don't recall dry time, but my guess would be 30 days. All testing is not performed before the minimum dry time.

John used his own car and had bought plenty of replacement glass, filmed it to all edges so he need only replace each glass between video shoots.

[*]309784

thx metint

nice to have a real expert here, who actually knows how they realy test it :beer

Guest Diamond Tints
I wouldn't say that to John's face, Dan... but then again, I don't believe he's into the DMC thing, so no worries. :beer  :lol2

In glasgow it would surprise you what people carry about and never said there was a hammer in it!!

No 4 mil

Obviously the glass will break is not obvious

John was giving it a go though it may not appear that way. :DD

[*]309640

The glass was removed and tinted and left to cure for a couple of weeks and was tested back in a door with a frame

One other question how the $%#@ did he apply 7 mil to a passat these are a pain with normal film never mind 7 mil

Archived