Putting up with cretins

Not so much horror stories but gee some clients do try you.

One today that owns a coffee shop and is subjected to bounced off sun flare from car windscreens in the car park.

She wants to reduce glare with film but doesn't want to lose any light. :inot :hmmm How often do you get Einsteins like this asking for that?

OMG I feel like tearing my fur out when I hear this.

Needless to say I did a walk, wished her a great life and Bon Voyage, thanks for wasting my time..

Devil :crazy:lol2:eyebrows

Guest VOLTRON

I understand yer frustration dev, it can be bothersome and hard to put up with but you have to remember these people dont know a whole lot about film and what all it can do. You just have to explain to them what it can and cant do and go from there.

Guest FilmBlazer
The part I should have included VO is that she already has a beautiful shade of purple car film 35 already on the glass. :jerkit  :hmmm  :jerkit

Devil

[*]310161

Oh thats nice! There is / was a dealer in my area that made a habit of putting sw33t purple tint on a bunch of the banks around. Needless to say its falling off the glass now and most customers expect the removal to be $0.05 per sq. foot.

Guest VOLTRON

yea u did forget to mention that. devil, australian fer qweeeya. lol,jk dood. yea so she knew a lil about it, but still they were probably misinformed by the last guy that put up the purple shyst.

Guest tint rookie

its just aother example of the h@ck shops misinforming and screwing over the customer. its a shame they expect us, the respectable shop, to pay for their naive decisions.

Guest Rockabilly

This just happened.

Young as!an fellow comes back in for a "chat". We tinted his car 2 years ago. Nice, premium quality 35% tint.

Black car. Black interior. Sunroof.

He says he is not happy with the amount of heat that the tint keeps out. Wanted me to test the tint to see if it is working.

I did not know what to tell him.

This just happened.

Young as!an fellow comes back in for a "chat".  We tinted his car 2 years ago.  Nice, premium quality 35% tint.

Black car.  Black interior.  Sunroof.

He says he is not happy with the amount of heat that the tint keeps out.  Wanted me to test the tint to see if it is working. 

I did not know what to tell him.

[*]313737

Take a meter, test the film, say it works as promised. Then tell him about the better film you have meanwhile and sell it to him. You can also tint his sunroof? The least though is to tell him what you told us ( black car, interior) and that it still makes sense to send his buddy with the silver Honda.

The only customer not worth talking to and trying to make a sale is one with no money. And stupid, or better bad informed customers are the best kind cause they need your input.

Archived