collecting money!!!!!!!

Guest glassfx

Guest glassfx

Everything being equal......you know your stuff, and are ready to venture into the deeper waters, outlaying money for PAPER, tools, and you only have a cheap car, and no capitol.

But your not scared............cause you lay paper pretty good!

!.) please know what your product does and plainly explain this to your prospective client...don't go overboard with technical crap until you are doing energy audits.

2.) notice your surroundings, and ask your CLIENT WHAT THEY NEED!

and listen.....I have scalped more jobs from pro salesmen cause I asked the question "WHAT IS IT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?" Then solve their problem in a friendly manner, remember..it's paper to them, and you know your stuff.

3.) REQUEST A DEPOSIT!!! be it a small one! If they are ready to give that!....you will collect payment on completion. I CANNOT stress this enough.

Of course used finance car lots wont do this.....but a grey haired granny will.

If you do these 3 things you will live to tint another day!

remember ..MONEY is like s*x and air.......no big deal.....UNLESS YOUR NOT GETTING ANY!!!!

:beer It really, really works :what

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie
Everything being equal......you know your stuff, and are ready to venture into the deeper waters, outlaying money for PAPER, tools, and you only have a cheap car, and no capitol.

!.) please know what your product does and plainly explain this to your prospective client...don't go overboard with technical crap until you are doing energy audits.

2.)  notice your surroundings, and ask your CLIENT WHAT THEY NEED!

and listen.....I have scalped more jobs from pro salesmen cause I asked the question "WHAT IS IT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?" Then solve their problem in a friendly manner, remember..it's paper to them, and you know your stuff.

3.) REQUEST A DEPOSIT!!! be it a small one!  If they are ready to give that!....you will collect payment on completion.  I CANNOT stress this enough.

remember ..MONEY is like s*x and air.......no big deal.....UNLESS YOUR NOT GETTING ANY!!!!

:beer  It really, really works  :what

[*]310862

what kind of peice of sh!t would impose a deposit on "grey haired granny" but not a used car lot. your priorities, values, whatever you want to call em' are pretty f'ed up if you think a car lot is more trustin worthy than the elderly.

why would anyone in their right mind give the bid over to someone expecting $ in advance.

if you must get a deposit to cover the material for the job, the job is outa your league and you shouldnt be takin it.

Guest glassfx

2.)? notice your surroundings, and ask your CLIENT WHAT THEY NEED!

3.) REQUEST A DEPOSIT!!! be it a small one!?  If they are ready to give that!....you will collect payment on completion.? I CANNOT stress this enough.

:beer? It really, really works?  :what

[*]310862

what kind of peice of sh!t would impose a deposit on "grey haired granny" but not a used car lot. your priorities, values, whatever you want to call em' are pretty f'ed up if you think a car lot is more trustin worthy than the elderly.

why would anyone in their right mind give the bid over to someone expecting $ in advance.

if you must get a deposit to cover the material for the job, the job is outa your league and you shouldnt be takin it.

[*]310882

Perhaps you just walked into a shop.............I myself started out in a slutty area of florida.

Outside used car yards the works............old nasty things.

Now I don't even do cars........stricktly graphics, signs, corprate storefronts, wraps.

I did experiance highs and lows toots, but what I learned, was knowledge, custmer needs, and management on a shoestring, before I had an overdraft.

and cashflow is imperitive, notice it said money for newbies.........some old people forget what its like to be living in the world of tough territory.

post-15424-1125628278.jpg

dude, your arrogance isn't gonna get you shiat here :what  :bat

[*]310893

:bat I dont ask for deposits because if your work is good they are going to come back. I never ask the customer what there looking for (because it obvious what they are there for) but rather hows are you doing or hey thats a nice car. make the customer comfortable with you before you ask what they want because then you seem like a vulture greedy for money. :beer

Guest glassfx

dude, your arrogance isn't gonna get you shiat here :beer:what

[*]310893

[/quote

MOUTAIN, I was called a piece of :bingo , for suggesting, new start ups ask for a deposit. all to keep a positive cash flow.

I was then challenged that I should not be in the game. because I asked for money up front. I found this practice seperated honest customers, from dubious ones.

If thats arrogant, then so be it. I stand by my work, my word, and my practice. I started with 1 roll of 20 inch MADICO 20% doing used lots, armed with a little knowledge, and a will to succeed, and a 1971 DATSUN 510.

Had I known to ask for a deposit I would have not had such a bumpy road in the beginng....its that simple. I still think its good advice!

What anyone choses to do with it, is up to them.

Sorry if you did not like responce...but pictures speak louder than just words...if I offended you I am sorry.

P.S. you anywhere near louisville?

post-15424-1125632369.jpg

Guest tint rookie

"Perhaps you just walked into a shop.............I myself started out in a slutty area of florida."

after 10 years of mobile work, I retired to a shop. as for your attitude I wouldnt expect any better than the slutty area of florida

"Outside used car yards the works............old nasty things."

must be an exceptional tinter to pull that kind of work after 20+ years in the field.......sniff sniif...smell that, its called sarcasm.

"Now I don't even do cars........stricktly graphics, signs, corprate storefronts, wraps."

based on your repetoir of high end dealerships that would accept your quality work. at least you had the common sense to find a niche or job you could do.

"I did experiance highs and lows toots, but what I learned, was knowledge, custmer needs, and management on a shoestring, before I had an overdraft."

never mind the ethics though. they dont matter. or is that why you changed your biz direction. you burnt too many bridges (or lil grey grannies) and ruinned your "spectacular" reputation.

"and cashflow is imperitive, notice it said money for newbies.........some old people forget what its like to be living in the world of tough territory."

I remember the newb days. im not going to say im a saint. starting a buss. takes balls. not gonna say it dosent. but you know what. take some frigging risks. if you dont like taking risks, you shouldnt be in biz for yourself. going out asking for deposits for materials.....REAL professional. I started my biz on two flat glass jobs. had em sign the contract, from that point on theyre locked in. I ordered two rolls of film c.o.d. timed it right to do the two jobs in three days, and got my ass to the bank. and I was officially in biz.

by drawing a contract up, it says this guy dosnet f' around. he's strictly bussiness. wants to do the job, and then get paid. im only commiting to hes doing the work. with out a dime to worry about.

if they hose ya'. see em in small claims.

lose the tude dude. youve been on the board less than a week. you aint got no street cred here, your resume aint that impressive. im glad your proud of yourself.

but 20+ in the biz. you should know tinters are the most arrogant ass holes. you anna show up and butt heads right out the gates? were really gonna be here to help ya out....

theres that smell again....

Guest tint rookie

I wasnt personally offended either...just sh!tty ethics to target any customer like that.

I smell sh!t I call it.

20+ years....on thing else to learn. the people in life that were the most honest to ya, were the ass holes.

Archived