• this logo is complete @#$%
    • I like tint laws and regulations
    • I have other logo idea
    • Who need to fight against tint laws?
    • 25 instead 35
    • 30 instead 35
    • TINT, not TINTZ, U idiot
    • This logo is Xcellent, and I understand what does it mean

So I am slowly starting.....It will take sometime but I promise You to start worldwide company for TINT LEGALIZATION. This is logo we created recently, and how we think it must look. I will be happy to read Your comments and look at Your votes. Any comments and suggestions will be very usefull.

post-439-1125684474.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea Leo! Here in Wisconsin, the Street Rod Association got together with the state lawmakers in the early '90s. They came to an agreement on tint legalization, with a limit of 35% all the way around (minus the windshield of course). Then, when the lawmakers finally wrote the new laws, the jerks changed it to 50% on the front roll-downs.

I was still happy with that, due to the fact that before that, there was zero tolerance for any film (even clear) on the front two windows in Wisconsin. This change alone helped my business out a lot, but it was kind of crappy that they couldn't keep the originally agreed upon 35%.

IMO, 35% is fine for visibility, even in the darkest conditions, and for the safety of the cops... if the driver or a passenger is crazy enough to want to cause harm to an officer, they are going to do it whether their auto glass is tinted or not.

Guest cheesehead98

Great idea Leo! Here in Wisconsin, the Street Rod Association got together with the state lawmakers in the early '90s. They came to an agreement on tint legalization, with a limit of 35% all the way around (minus the windshield of course). Then, when the lawmakers finally wrote the new laws, the jerks changed it to 50% on the front roll-downs.

I was still happy with that, due to the fact that before that, there was zero tolerance for any film (even clear) on the front two windows in Wisconsin. This change alone helped my business out a lot, but it was kind of crappy that they couldn't keep the originally agreed upon 35%.

IMO, 35% is fine for visibility, even in the darkest conditions, and for the safety of the cops... if the driver or a passenger is crazy enough to want to cause harm to an officer, they are going to do it whether their auto glass is tinted or not.

[*]311091

[/quot

Exact

do you think the law will ever change to 35% all the way around? Will the Rod Association ever challenge the law again? I would like your views. THanks

TOM

I am not sure if the Street Rod Association is getting back together with the lawmakers again any time soon. The only reason I knew that little bit of info from the early ninties is 'cause I have a buddy that's a member and I see him at a lot of car shows every summer. I'm sure I will see him this weekend. I will ask him if he knows of any plans on revising the laws again. The only people that knew about the original change to 35% all around is people that were members of the club and their acquiantances.

I totally wish it would go at least 35% all the way, but like I said, I can't complain too much since we at least have 50% now. I will keep you informed if I hear anything.

Guest darkdan

Well, we might make changes if everyone wrote their representatives and had customers write their's and etc etc etc.

We'd need a large organization to help (IWFA.....) and perhaps film makers.

Nothing gets done at the government level with some $$$ being thrown somewhere. Maybe we can get the tabacco industry to help....tell them we'll give out a free pack of cigs with every car tinted if the laws get changed.

Leo,

I can't find a section to vote to say "leave it at 35 because it's perfect as is."

I agree with Exact on this.....virtually all of downunder (certainly in the 5 out of 6 most populated states of ours have 35 as the legal net figure.

I think I might have mentioned........I just stripped off a car I bought second hand that had 3M 20% all around it and I have replaced it with 3M 35% and the difference is much better by a country mile IMHO.

Devil :dance

Archived