I was pumped for a relaxing, fun weekend

I can't believe what my morning was like today. I should have posted this in the Dear TTC, but it IS a horror story of a weekend so far.

My morning started out like normal. I had a job scheduled at nine, and I left the house at 8:30, so I had time to buy some smokes and have a couple, 'cause I ran out last night. I walked out of the house to take my motorcycle, and I noticed a big dent in my M3 hood! Immediately, the tears start... this is my baby, and as of yesterday, show car! I call the hubby, oh, sorry honey, but I didn't see your motorcycle and backed into it, which fell on your car while I backed out of the garage. Unfuckinreal. The Ducati isn't damaged (at least I haven't found any yet).

The job I had scheduled was a new 'Vette convertible. Not too bad of a car, but my knee is totally bad, swollen to twice the size of the other one, and that back window sucks to get at.

Then, a customer scheduling a job for next week came in with her dog. My dog was horsing around with hers, ran into me, and hyper-extended that knee (he's over 100 lbs). Thank god I had that back window done already.

While filing the edge on the driver's glass, I got a film cut, and of course it's right in the crease of my finger, where it takes twice as long to heal.

Sorry for the long-winded whining session here, but I needed someone to unload on. If I try and talk to the hubby, he makes it sound like my fault for parking the bike there in the first place, or it's 'cause I got home late that he didn't get enough sleep and was tired this morning.

I just hope that my weekend gets a little better. I am done working until Tuesday now, and I think I am going to grab a six-pack to aid those pain meds I am on. Thanks for listening/reading.

Anytime I have a day described above I try and remember:

I could be that deep sea diving maintenance guy who had a jelly fish pumped in with the warm water that keeps him warm at the depths of the ocean he works at... :evilgrin aka base of an oil rig. Apparently someone left the screen off the surface water intake that feeds water down into the lower portion of the dive suit. :bingo

This guy felt an itch on his back side and tried to rub it (kind of like a reverse self reach around)... :dunno wound up pizzin' the jelly fish off and got stung in the arse. :lol2 While frantically attempting to get to the surface his coworkers were all hearing the event through two-way communications and were laughing their arses off over it. :beer:lol2

Man with the itch finally gets to the top and out of this unique dive suit of his and has an arse so swollen now, :lol2 he can't sit down without tilting over to one side... :heh and also found himself unable to take a dump for three days cause the swelling kept his :ahole from operating correctly. :lol

Guest Diamond Tints
Anytime I have a day described above I try and remember:

I could be that deep sea diving maintenance guy who had a jelly fish pumped in with the warm water that keeps him warm at the depths of the ocean he works at... :thumb  aka base of an oil rig. Apparently someone left the screen off the surface water intake that feeds water down into the lower portion of the dive suit. :lol2

This guy felt an itch on his back side and tried to rub it (kind of like a reverse self reach around)...  :lol2 wound up pizzin' the jelly fish off and got stung in the arse.  :beer  While frantically attempting to get to the surface his coworkers were all hearing the event through two-way communications and were laughing their arses off over it.  :thumb  :trustme

Man with the itch finally gets to the top and out of this unique dive suit of his and has an arse so swollen now, :spank  he can't sit down without tilting over to one side... :dunno  and also found himself unable to take a dump for three days cause the swelling kept his :ahole from operating correctly. :lol2

[*]311453

:lol2:beer:lol2:spank:music:gasp

Thanks for all your uplifting responses. I had a much better week, busy as hell, got more pain meds from the doc, and I haven't had a chance to visit TD since the end of last week.

Today may not be so nice. Although I only have two, two-window, truck jobs to do... I have a customer with a 2000 Acura TL who claims I damaged his door frame when tinting his car two days ago. No, I didn't even touch this area of the frame... it's on the outside! They don't paint the frame around the glass on these, and looking at the car, it looks like they use some kind of black vinyl to make the frames black. On both sides of the car, near the back corner of the window frame, this vinyl is buckled a bit. It must be a factory defect... I double cut everything on the passenger side of the vehicle, so the outer frame on the driver's side isn't even touched while in my shop. Anyone else heard of this? I will try and post pics in the Makes & Models section if I can get my camera to download correctly.

This morning before I got to work, I drove around a couple of the used car dealerships around here to see if I could find one with the same issue and take a pic before the customer showed up to complain today. Unfortunately, I didn't find one that old (2000) on any of the lots. I did find an '02, but that one still looked fine.

The customer just left, and besides one easily fixed finger on a roll-down, she was just blaming me for the vinyl buckling. She has been cool so far, especially after I explained to her that I do all of my double-cutting on the passenger side, and the only thing I do to the outside of the driver's window is wash it after I tint it (and that was the side that was buckled the worst).

She was still giving me the "well it wasn't like that before I dropped it off" bit, and I did get a little POed (but kept cool) and told her that she just never looked at it that closely until I tinted it. I guess I will have to waste a couple of minutes and do a walk around with each customer that drops a vehicle off from now on. IMO, everyone is looking for something for nothing, and quick to blame us tinters.

Archived