Im an absoulte noob

Guest booyakasha07

Guest booyakasha07

OK hello all. I am new to the window tinting process. I want to know, since I cant get my sons 2002 saab 9-3 factory tinted, how do I go about doing it? OK so I have seen these little rice rockets that have their windows tinted, but sometimes they have bad colors like purple, And there are bubbles in the lamination. WHere do I start? Can I get a professional to do my car? WHats the price for a do-it-yourself verse someone with expierence? how much are the materials and what will I need? Whats a good transperacy to start with? If I dont like it can I get rid of it? If its too light can I add to it to make it darker transperancy? Is it legal to tint rear windows in massachusetts? Are there any good carshops in and around boston that can tink my windows professionally?

If people can answer my questions, I will get my windows tinted, and post pics since I am a professional photographer of Mercedes-Benz, I take pics for MBUSA site. I need help tinting my sons saab though. THanks, Bryce

Guest darkdan

The ricers with the bubbles and purple windows.....that's because they did it themselves most likely.

Visit your local tint shop and ask all the questions you want.

He'll have samples there for you to choose your shade.

In your state the law is 35% VLT on all windows except the windshield which can have a 6" strip. I recommend sticking with the legal limit. It's plenty dark and 35% is about perfect as far as glare/visibility is concerned.

Plus, overly dark tint makes people focus on the windows and not the car as a whole.

Guest Olfablade

Welcome to the board Bryce. Most of what your asking is available in the searchable archives. As far as what professional to use, check the catalog of tinters for your state. :beer

I know your tempting to do it yourself, thinking its easy, but dont. just take to a professional and you'll have no problems in the longrun.

take me, if I need to take nek!d pictures of myself its not gonna come out right, I need a professional photographer instead. :uh:lol

The ricers with the bubbles and purple windows.....that's because they did it themselves most likely.

Visit your local tint shop and ask all the questions you want.

He'll have samples there for you to choose your shade.

In your state the law is 35% VLT on all windows except the windshield which can have a 6" strip.  I recommend sticking with the legal limit.  It's plenty dark and 35% is about perfect as far as glare/visibility is concerned.

Plus, overly dark tint makes people focus on the windows and not the car as a whole.

[*]311731

SHIZZ JIGGRA 6' FEET OF MY WIN SHIELD IS TINTED OUT LIKE A MUG. U CANT MAKE OUT MY V-I-N NUMBER. GOTTA SQUINT TIL YOU CANT MANG.

Archived