low e detector

Guest windoworx

Generally speaking the Film to glass chart is not effected from clear to lowE glass for dual pane. This is why I'm not that concerned. Usually the customer will tell you since they know they paid extra for it.

metint said something about use a butane lighter and you can see the reflection on which pane has it.

[*]313077

Yes I said it, but I got it from Kohler...

Flick a Bic and look at the color of the flames reflection... in dual pane, the clear panel will mimic the flame exactly as it is and the panel with lowE coating will be a different color than real thing.

As to lowE and film 2 glass chart... easy thing to remember for CPF products is lowE generally adds 1 to the factor count of clear dual pane.

LowE squared is the safest glazing install next to tempered.

the manufature I use ask me (on the wattanty form ) is it low e and which side it is coated on 2 or 3.......

most window are already previously installed not new windows so the customer may just know they are low e..most don't have a clue either way...

the manufature I use ask me (on the wattanty form ) is it low e and which side it is coated on 2 or 3.......

most window are already previously installed not new windows so the customer may just know they are low e..most don't have a clue either way...

[*]313268

Does take a keen eye to see four reflections of a flame...

May be best to get a detecting device. :devilangel

[*]313268

Does take a keen eye to see four reflections of a flame...

May be best to get a detecting device. :)

[*]313272

No problem to see the 4 flames. From Inside out 2nd flame different means LowE?, third flame means heat protection window.

Guest keepitcool

uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:ohcrap my head hurts. I think I should just get a meter, wow. im lost. been in business 10 years w/o testing fo low- e windows. is it really that big of a deal? most people will tell youif they have them. I think if you stick w/ the indusrty standard 35% darkness you should be fine......... right? :eyebrows

The reason it is important is that it adds thermal stress to the glass above that found in 'clear' dual pane and it is important to know that the LowE coating isn't on the #4 surface... installing film directly atop LowE coatings neutralizes the LowE function of the glazing unit (interior surface's capacity to reduce heat loss) to that found in window film's emissivity.

Archived