Crease

Guest mwh27

I just got my rear window tinted (94 camaro).

And after 4 days there is still a crease that is about 2.5" long.

I think this is terrible but I don't want to bust the tinters balls about it... should I wait longer for this to go away.

I know that water bubbles go away after time, but I have never heard of a crease going away.......

You cannot remove a crease...however it's quite possible to remove the air within a crease ...it's the air that often makes a crease stand out.

Since th car is 11 yrs old...by the time the tinter works on air on the crease, it may look no different or worse than a tiny scratch (well worth living with than the possibility of wrecking your rear defrost wires redoing it)

My best advise is to take it back and let the tinter deal with it where by you are both happy with the mutual desision :bat

Guest autotinter
You cannot remove a crease...however it's quite possible to remove the air within a crease ...it's the air that often makes a crease stand out.

Since th car is 11 yrs old...by the time the tinter works on air on the crease, it may look no different or worse than a tiny scratch (well worth living with than the possibility of wrecking your rear defrost wires redoing it)

My best advise is to take it back and let the tinter deal with it where by you are both happy with the mutual desision :bat

[*]313585

:bat:bat

Hm... thanks for all the posts guys!!

I just talked to the tinter xxxx and they said he would re tint the back.

But he said that if it creases the first time, it should really be done in 2 pieces.... =/

I really don't want to have my rear done in 2 pieces, cause I've read here and many other places that camro rears can be done in one.

However, there is also some dust bubbles that I would like to get rid of.

=(

well no biggie if he does it one or 2 piece, there is a way to do the back window in 2 piece without seeing the seem, you wont know if he did in two or 3 if its done right. we got a member on here who can go endless back windows 5-6 pieces :bat

just let me him redo and it will be all done and said.

Guest tint rookie
well no biggie if he does it one or 2 piece, there is a way to do the back window in 2 piece without seeing the seem, you wont know if he did in two or 3 if its done right. we got a member on here who can go endless back windows 5-6 pieces :bat

just let me him redo and it will be all done and said.

[*]313608

one piece on anything.

im not one for the stained glass technique

well it might be possible like tw said that he may be able to get the air out from under the crease and make it look alot better then it does now. But it may not look sufficiant for you. And yes a good tinter can do that back window in one piece, if he did it in one peice on the first go around then he could do it in one piece again, the crease is more then likely his fault and not the curvature of the window. Those windows are a little difficult but can be done in one piece by most any experienced tinter.

Archived