just something to argue about

Guest tint rookie

personally,

I dont believe in god, I dont believe in each human being having a "soul" I dont believe that manknd that all the planets, universe and whatever is out there was created by one man, why does that one man have to be more special than all us? he took choice and died for us they said, but that was his choice, for sure I know he wanst black I know black people aint like that, different ethnicities have different god, they believe in a fat china man or a lady with 8 arms, this whole thing is crazy, I believe all the things in thw world have been evolved by themselves, I dont know how, but somehow.....not by one man. I may be wrong and I hope I am....but I know one thing, if there is hell, im not going, even if I was, is that why god created mankind? if he knows so much dont you think hed know howd it turn out?

its like mixing a bunch of LIONs and Zebras, you dont know whats gonna happen?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie

my thoughts, someone wants to hear my oppinion. thats a first.

I know its on the fence, but both.

looking at it from a scientific view, beyond anthropology, just plain facts and physics. I know of no creature in the universe that can create something from nothing. "oh the big bang" well what caused that, whered them gasses and/or atoms come from? if you give me any answer, the inner 4 yearold is gonna come out, "well, whered that come from" repeatedly.

the only answer is a higher power.

why cant what we are now be the point where God said,"yep thats what I was shooting for" BAM....heres your soul.

I know the bible says different. and I by no means knockin the book. or any other religous book for that matter. (they are all loosly based on the same concept, god, jahova (sp), yaweh (sp) budah, prob the same dude. all versions were intended for one purpose. teach people to do the right thing. ive read some o the book o budha (and really like it, scary how close some of the stories are to catholicism. but without the corruption).

but I know more about the bible. (12 years catholic school) old test. more scary "stories" to scare people to do the right thing. and much like in the movie Dogma, the new testament was more about the buddy Christ. a much more rational approach to reason.

well 2days topic would be more old test. than anything thats for sure. and as much as you want to believe its GODS word, it was written by man.

we are soo technologically spoiled as a species. information at the touch of a finger. and our ability to comprehend has done quite well to keep up with the times.

look at the time the Genesis was written..... people were wearing loin cloth, and sh!tting in a hole. do you think they could possibly fathom a million years. but ask em what they did a week ago from today they would prob. be able to tell ya. hence the everything being created in 6 days. why cant each day be a million (est.) years?

My :spit

Know the big bang (theory of the cosmos)?... that's God saying, let there be light and over time the rest came to be (was it seven days for God, the all powerful and eternal master).

Seven days to God might be a few billion millennium to man (hypothetical number since no one man really knows), so the way it is described by man as to how events took place (whether through bible, quran, dead sea scrolls, my diary in a time capsule or other) in those early days, Adam and Eve came along over a long period of time and not just in a day as man knows a day.

Religion is man made to control the masses and spirituality is God given for those who seek it. Any way Constantine back in 1040 A.D. decide this book (of the bible) must go and this book (of the bible) can stay. No one person really knows and it only fuels speculation because no one person has died and lived to tell about it. Only voices in their heads or from watching a bush burn (of opiate poppy or peyote).

Creationism vs evolution... I believe God created everything including man and woman through natural selection and natural progression aka evolution.

The only thing I need know about God.... is that I am not him/her/it. I do not fear God, because I love and have faith in God... fear and faith cannot co-exist.

My sig has a prayer that touched me like no other has in all my years. I still go to several different churches to get a feel for just how different the story has changed over the centuries.

Tell a story to one person, have them pass it on to another, that person on to another and so on... never get the same story when it returns to you.

We all die, decay and our souls (comic energy, spirit) become one with the master.

1 day might be a million years but try this

Ezekiel 4:6

?And you must lie upon your right side in the second case, and you must carry the error of the house of Judah forty days. A day for a year, a day for a year, is what I have given you.

Ps. 90:4

?For a thousand years are in your eyes but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch during the night.?

2 Pet. 3:8

?Let this one fact not be escaping your notice, beloved ones, that one day with God is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.?

Guest tint rookie

a time where they did understand generations. large numbers representing a long period, longer than any one youre ever gonna know is gonna see. ei FOREVER.

I think the book has taken on a lot of interpretation over the years (even in the initial writing and rewriting of it for that matter king james, ok now were mixing politics and religion, that will get us the truth).

quick on the quotes. I believe in it, but not word for word.

which would have more impact. it took me a week to do, or a thousand years?

I believe in the 'Ol Man, and he believes in me.

If you want to be like the creator, be creative.

I do feel there was an apostacy of the Word, and now what remains of our Bible

has been slanted to reflect the views of the Romans, King James, and others.

If you don't believe it, pull out the New Testament and look at the the first lines

of Matthew, and Luke ( I think :spit , I'll look it up)

anyway.... the Lineage of Jesus (Begat so-and-so& begat) is different in both books.

past David, the ancestory of Jesus splits into 2 contrary stories.

But the foundation is there, for you to interpret for yourself.

There are many metaphors, and parables, why not the word "day" also

It is all about faith, you must believe the unseen

there is something connecting us all together

The energy defies Freudian, and athiest views

I can feel it, and so do you............... if you are really quiet and listen

Amen.........pass the chichen

1 day might be a million years but try this

Ezekiel 4:6

?And you must lie upon your right side in the second case, and you must carry the error of the house of Judah forty days. A day for a year, a day for a year, is what I have given you.

Ps. 90:4

?For a thousand years are in your eyes but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch during the night.?

2 Pet. 3:8

?Let this one fact not be escaping your notice, beloved ones, that one day with God is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.?

[*]314365

Ah yes... you have to give to the people who wrote all the stories of the ages beginning when man could write and speak... they sure have a funny way of saying things.

Archived