just something to argue about

Guest tint rookie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I coudnt just believe in god.....

but know there actually is one.......im being realistic.

[*]314401

It's as easy as believing there isn't a god/higher power/creative intelligence, omnipotent one, etc.

TR, what I got from the da vinci code was the stuff about the book of Mary and two others that seem to have nicely been swept under a rug so that a religion could better control the masses, placing women in submissive role and men in the master role.

And who was Constantine to just pick and choose which book went into the making of today's christian theology and which did not.

Live in an area such as this and you see churches popping up just because a man believes he has been touched (and could make a few bucks doing it, too) and need tell everyone he can on sunday.

Someone said to me the other day that it's funny about how many people of religion... that the deeper they immerse and surround themselves in their 'religion' the more you find them not walking the walk and can be viewed as the most self-righteous and judgemental of all people.

Go figure... :beer

I personally believe in evolution. Im not one to live my life on religion which is based solely on a belief structure. There is NO real evidence of a Supreme Being, omnipotint, Alpha and Omega.

If there was an almighty then why would he let things like the Tsunami and Katrina k!ll thousands of people and innocent ones ontop of that? Let children die from dieseses, hunger, war? Let the innocent be taken away from thier families and loved ones.

It doesnt make sense to me, Why would you believe in something or someone that wasnt a "just" man or being to let things like that happen?

The bible was writtin by man, therefore he had an influence on the book, if you were to write a book would you put yer own beliefs and oppinions in it? People say "well god was speaking through him" well if someone said that today they would be considered crazy.

To me the bible weather it be the new or old test, kuran,ect... which ever religion or book it is, is a book of morals and teaches people the right and wrong things to do.

The bible is contradictory and is gender byast. Women are guilty of original sin. Men have thier role as the leader and women are supposed to be submissive.

Why is 18 years of jesus's life not recorded? People say, "well those years wernt important, well if he is who they say he is then all should have been recorded for he was supposed to be a truly innocent man never have commited a sin. How do you know he didnt commit any sins with 18 years of his life not recorded.

Too many inconsistances for me to live my life that way and possibly find out in the end that I wasted all that time and effort.

Like TR said most people that are very religious do not live thier life by the book and are very judgemental and selfrichous.

For me if you live a good life and do right by others and treat people good and dont murd3r, steal, adulter, ect... if there is a good place then you will go there and if you did do all those bad things then you will go to a bad place.

There is NO proof of a Heaven or a Hell, No proof of a Almighty or an Alevil. To be religious you have to have faith in something you dont know is real.

Guest tint rookie
I wish I coudnt just believe in god.....

but know there actually is one.......im being realistic.

[*]314401

Someone said to me the other day that it's funny about how many people of religion... that the deeper they immerse and surround themselves in their 'religion' the more you find them not walking the walk and can be viewed as the most self-righteous and judgemental of all people.

Go figure... :beer

[*]314419

aint that the truth. they get lost in the word for word translation rather than the true meaning. kinda like hearing and listening.

everyone knows I like a vodka and tonic now and again (by no means a biligerent violent or obusive drunk, other than here). was forced into AA, by family courts, if thats what it took to get my kid safe, so be it. but ill be honest I took more than I gave at my 3 mos. of meetings (they actually made me wanna drink more :beer).

any way point being, an addictive personallity is an adictive personallity. I thought how these people, mostly the dregs and scum of the earth (I went to the sh!ttiest part of town for the meetings, intentially, entertainment value) went from the judged people they were to the most judgemental people ive ever seen. all because they found GOD and their almighty book.

without realizing that they just gave up one addiction, booze, for another religion. at an almost cultish style at that.

an almost mormon style, bring the stray sheep back to the flock attitude. they called for weeks after I quit going. judging me, "put the bottle down and come back to meetings", only assuming thats what I was doing.

how bout this im spending time with my son, the whole reason I was there. (which I outright told em', I enjoy a drink, im not here by choice, these meetings are aledgedly about being honest and you'll never hear me say im an alcoholic. staying true to their policy of honesty to eachother and ones self. boy did I get judged that night.

they still give up their families for meetings, most attended 3-5 meetings a week, driving clear accross town to go to one, no diff than going to a bar for A beer 3 times a week....your still away from your familly except your liver thanks you.

seemed to defeat the purpose.

wow, I just randomed off on a tangent. but somewhat still to the point.

Guest tint rookie

now THERES a question.

if im not mistaken, a religion worships the concept of god or celestial being, of some sort.

a cult will actually worship a human being for the beliefs he/she has.

:shrug

but to still both are a fuster cluck of followers, who believe what they are told. rather than holding their own personal beliefs hence not having a more personal relationship with whatever form of god they chose to worship in the first place.

people follow religion blindly, they are like sheep in the herd just doing what they are told. Sad really.

Seems like people are religous these days cause its the thing to do, like its trendy or something.

Archived