just something to argue about

Guest tint rookie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie
these posts are getting too long... :ohcrap

[*]314483

heaven forbid (no pun intended) a post that you actually have to sit back and read.......and think about......and not just a smiley.

voltron.....

whose more lost, the people blindly following or the people blindly leading?

its sad but true, the masses (another pun not intended) find it easier to just follow. and damn them for doing so. if more people thought independantly, the world would be a better place.

mountainman....

I agree, too much od whats sour in life and anger is bad. everyone has it though. its all in how we chose to burn it off. unfortunately, not all are self controlled enough, to vent or redirect their anger in appropiate directions.

you for one who seems to take the higher ground and are relatively objective (your still stubborn in my book), surprised me with your last comment. can you not see the trend though.

I agree with voltron. people are turning blindly for religion. they see it as an easy way out, god wil fix all my problems if I just go to church and put a buck in the plate.

what they dont get....... inadvertantly we may get some help from god in everyday life. it comes from that gift we have of a soul. that comes from inside. not sitting in a big room of people. if people went to church to do serious soul searching everyweek, rather than a holier than thou social gathering to compare bimmers and jags and get caught up on eachothers weekly events, maybe I'd think different.

go to any church anymore. walk in. sit down. and watch. and listen. there is no more reverence or repsect for the true meaning of whatever religion it is or what ever god it is. people chattering only to be silenced by the choir starting the begining, innapropriately dressed, people 1/2 ass kneeling with their butts on the seat. isnt there supposed to be some ammount of respect? shouldnt people be there to reflect and soul search? theres plenty of time for social crap outside the churches door.

maybe were missing the fact that theres a difference between being religous and organized religion

I do feel there was an apostacy of the Word, and now what remains of our Bible

has been slanted to reflect the views of the Romans, King James, and others.

If you don't believe it, pull out the New Testament and look at the the first lines

of Matthew, and Luke ( I think  :ohcrap , I'll look it up)

anyway.... the Lineage of Jesus (Begat so-and-so& begat) is different in both books.

past David, the ancestory of Jesus  splits into 2 contrary stories.

Amen.........pass the chichen

[*]314373

there is a reason the family tree is different. one is traced on the fathers side(joseph), the other is traced on the mothers side(mary). this was done to establish beyond doubt that Jesus was from the line of david, who was king, thus showing that Jesus would be the rightful king.

and yes Jesus is the son of God. not Joseph, but as far as what was accepted at the time Joseph and his lineage became Jesus'.

I got more if you want it, I just dont want to bore anyone.

exactly TW, what ever is more accepted and popular is religion and what is different or not the norm is a cult. messed up in my eyes.

And MM, You can feel sorry for me if you want but im not an angry person and am not lashing out, the topic asked for an oppinion and im simply giving mine just like you gave yours. Quick to judge others are we, and yer religious I presume, is it not taught in your religion that you should not judge, that god is the one that judges.

Thats what turns me off from religion, people are so judgemental.

Had a guy one time ask me if I had ever been saved and I told him no, he responds with "man I feel sorry for you" and I said y and he said "cause yer going to hell" and I told him that I would see him there cause he is denouncing his religion by judgeing me and telling me I was going to hell. Do you really think your god would want you using his religion in that manner?

Guest tint rookie
telling the truth is not judgemental...there is nothing wrong with sharing what you know :coffee

man, there is not one single thing trendy about religion here...it's part of life.  :thumbdown

[*]314878

because the masses believe it......its true?

majority of the people in the US are believers, thats the only reason why Bush got re-elected. People voted for him simply because he lets his religion run his life and it effects all of his decisions. There should be no ties between religion and the government. With all the stuff his is doing and as far as pushing his beliefs on everyone like the ab0rti0n issues and gay marriage, we are going back to the reason why our ancestors fled england to come here and start a new.

No one has died and lived to tell about it... only illusions and voices in their head.

When god talks to me, it's done through people places and things... if I wrong a fellow man (woman and child) god let's me know in my gut. Deep down within, in the last analysis only there is where HE can be found.

Archived