HILITE 70

Moreover, the cost of inventory can be hell.  Sealing edges can be time consuming!

[*]319718

Ain't that right man????

In these modern days, having to seal edges is

BS and I detest this archaic way. I would have thought we have moved on from this more than 20 years ago?

Looks wonderful on a huge plate looking out to the ocean or a city skyline with clear sealant down the guts of the film and all around the borders. :beach

Devil

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintdawg

We used some the other day on a pretty big job (about 650sf). We had problems with some of the corners staying down. When I ask when I should return for sealing, the tint shop owner said not to worry about it. As a installer charging him 1.50 per sq. I told him I would return if things go wrong. So its on him now. :beach

Guest gainesvilletint
We used some the other day on a pretty big job (about 650sf). We had problems with some of the corners staying down. When I ask when I should return for sealing, the tint shop owner said not to worry about it. As a installer charging him 1.50 per sq. I told him I would return if things go wrong. So its on him now. :thumb

[*]320073

Make sure that all the water is out of the edges and it shouldn't peel up, my rep suggested a 10-20% alcohol solution to help dry it out. The sealant is not hard toput on but it's good to wait until it dries.

Guest metint
my rep suggested a 10-20% alcohol solution to help dry it out. 

[*]324253

Hmmm... alcohol displaces the water doesn't help water dry... :krazy

And I wouldn't be doing this regularly lest problems of inhaling (spray bottle) atomized alcohol all day leads to blood alcohol poisoning. Bet the rep left that part out. :krazy

Guest metint

Well... let us presume Hilite is a similar construction to Vkool and Vista's SpectrSelect... then I would answer, yes.

If hilite has a PS adhesive, then use what ever you feel will work... nevermind what the manu knows of their own product.

If it is CDA, then JBB and dish soap will always give an installer fits such as that described. But hey. don't have to take my word for it... just ask any Vista dealer's experience in hanging CDF with something really soapy. :krazy

Funny...JBB and dish soap are all I use. And CDA is basically all I use as well. and yet I don't have issues like that. Guess I'm just that one lucky guy that doesn't experience what your experts know.

just ask any Vista dealer's experience in hanging CDF with something really soapy. :krazy

:krazy yep...the Vista dealer in our area is a really intelligent guy. His experiences have taught me alot. And brought me alot of business.

Guest metint

Guess you missed the part where I was just trying to help a guy avoid health issues with alcohol and share some of what has been learn with a CDA type adhesive in conjunction with a film that has a very low vapor transmission rate no matter who makes it.

Sure others succeed in JBB and dish soap without issue with film that dry faster... Hilite is a different animal.

Sorry to hear about a lapse in judgement on any Vista dealer's part... just the same... all person's come from a wide variety in gene pool... no matter what product they feel comfortable with.

Wouldn't you agree?

Archived