tint graphics?

Guest afterhours

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest afterhours

ok I guess I'm the dumb a.. for asking this but the directions on the site dont make much sense to me. or maybe I'm thinking too much along the lines a viny graphics. BUT I can't comprehend how you lay a design on the window without cutting it out on the window. does anyone understand my question???

I guess I'm confused b/c with vinyl you have application tape to keep the design as one. how do you do that with the tint... or maybe there is another step by step I can look at or down load.

I'm very familiar with graphics and design b/c I run a sign shop and I can cut patters out with my plotter or free hand. I just haven't quite gotten the concept yet with the tint.

quick version:

cut design

weed out excess film

apply low tack transfer tape to film

prep window

remove liner

apply design

squeegee out design on transfer tape

heat design

remove transfer tape

apply whatever film over top of design

:evileye short and to the point

Guest afterhours

ok I get you now. only thing is after you have the design on the window after you have pulled the tape, then how do you clean the window again for the next layer?? like if you are doing a mirror (silver) design with black as the base color on the window. how do I prevent contamination there?

I usually use a scrap piece of liner...cut it just big enough to cover the design only. clean it and cover the design with it....then squeegee over the rest of the window. then remove that liner before installing the final layer.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I usually put transfer tape on the tint side of the film before cutting to make the tint easier to work with the cutter, then weed, then apply transfer tape to the clear.

when the window is ready I peel the clear and tape from one side, leaving the design and the first transfer tape in place. after squeegeeing all the water I wait a few hours for the design to dry and peel off the tape,

last I carefully clean and then tint over the design

Archived