DIY'ers

TINT

so I had this guy come in, a t-bird, quarter glass tinted but full of hairs, dirty like crazy, creases, fingers you name it. so I thought, ok this guy wants a price....not the case :lol

asking me how to tint, how do you do it, he was like "I almost got it down dont ya think?"

I was like "sure"

then he asked me to give him a few pointers, besides baby shampoo, I said to him

"baby shampoo, water, and 50% alcoholl" :lol2

:lol2

so I had this guy come in, a t-bird, quarter glass  tinted but full of hairs, dirty like crazy, creases, fingers you name it. so I thought, ok this guy wants a price....not the case :lol2

asking me how to tint, how do you do it, he was like "I almost got it down dont ya think?"

I was like "sure"

then he asked me to give him a few pointers, besides baby shampoo, I said to him

"baby shampoo, water, and 50% alcoholl" :lol

[*]314950

I had a guy that is trying to restore is beetle ask if he could buy a back glass (which is all ready tinted) from me yesterday. (for those who don't know me, old bugs and restoring them is a sickness that I have :bat )

I had already sold him a windshield (not tinted) a month ago (he stills owes $$$ on). He asks how much I want for it, and said he tried to tint it himself but couldn't get it done :lol2

I told him that I didn't know off the top of my head and that he still owes for the W/S. Then he asked if I could give him any pointers on how to tint it himself :lol

I told him that I would not and thats what I do for a living :DD NO TINT for YOU :lol2:bat:lol

That's reminds me of a guy that came in to my shop a couple of weeks ago with a Geo SUV. He hadn't attempted any of his windows yet, but he told me that he was going to do the back three windows himself, cause they were flat, and he wanted an estimate for me to do the front two roll-downs. He hasn't been back yet, but I am curious to see it if he brings it back. I didn't say anything to him, but I don't think that back window is flat on those... easy to shrink, but not flat.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

whenever people ask to buy tint I tell them I got a contract with my tint manufacturer and that they don't let me sell it to anybody.

it's a lie but it saves me from sounding like a @#$% and just telling them that I don't want to sell them tint

Archived