Few questions

Guest Reflections Detailing

Guest Reflections Detailing

I just recently got into tinting and I have been using Llumar ATR film for the most part. I just had a few questions.

1 - For some reason no matter what I do I keep getting dirt bubbles in the tint, is there a way to prevent that?

2 - Is there an easy or simple way to do rear windows. I tried to shrink the tint on the outside and get it to the dimensions then apply it on the inside but no matter what I do I keep getting the finger bubbles and it ends up creasing.

I know everyone says practice makes perfect but I dont want to keep wasting tint because the ATR is expensive.

Thanks a ton

Andy

Guest noB.S,tinter

first,cleanliness is next to tintgodliness,making sure you get the window is as clean as possible and be ware of the area you place and remove your exposed tint from. second,try picking up a cheaper film to practice with until you become more comfortable with your shrinking methods. just have patience and you'll be knockin'em out in no time. :ohcrap:eyebrows

Guest nautiboi73

maybe practice with the AT line. I find 1 mil easier to shirk and this is where you may want to begin. It is still a good filbut will cost a little less and can help teach you the ropes a little.

hey guys, I just started playing golf yesterday. I was wondering if there was a simple way to hit hole in ones :ohcrap I bought very expensive golf clubs. I dont really want to practice because rounds of golf are very expensive. I just want to be able to hit hole in ones every time :bingo can somebody help me.

I know your gonna tell me to practice, but thats not the answer I need......I just need somebody to tell me how to do it and make it easy :eyebrows

post-22-1127133788.jpg

seriously though...the only way to get consistent clean installs is to have a sound tinting technique and a clean environment to slang paper in, and LOTS of practice.

If I were you I would get some cheep tint to start off with because like you said ATR is pretty expensive and your gonna make ALOT AND I MEAN ALOT of mistakes along the way trying to figure out how to slang papers.

There are sooo many variables on why you can get contamination under your film its hard to tell you where to start :eyebrows

hey guys, I just started playing golf yesterday. I was wondering if there was a simple way to hit hole in ones :bingo I bought very expensive golf clubs. I dont really want to practice because rounds of golf are very expensive. I just want to be able to hit hole in ones every time :eyebrows can somebody help me.

I know your gonna tell me to practice, but thats not the answer I need......I just need somebody to tell me how to do it and make it easy :ohcrap

[*]315605

:lol2

here comes the list

I like the list

some of it is even useful

who made up the list? Im thinkn metint.

hope this helps reflections

from the TD.C main page

These practices can help you to greatly reduce the amount of dust contamination in your window film installations

1. Find a bug zapper that will work on gnats... and other critters.

2. Minimize the time between peeling the liner and placing the film onto the glass...

3. Do not walk forward with your peeled pattern, step backwards, this way you are not using your peeled film as a catch net for airborne contaminants...

4. Cut a white Teflon into a triangle, wrap it with a micro-fiber cloth, jam it between glass and frame and wipe those crevices (window glass channels) clean... or use a chamois to perform this.

5. Wipe off the top ledge of the roll down glass...

6. If you use a pressure sprayer with a hose, put an inline gas filter between bottle and trigger... or make your own simple filter for the sprayer using a shop towel. Tear a small piece away a shop towel and place it over the intake tube in your sprayer.

7. Air handling unit (ac/heat)? Filter at intake and output...

8. Never, never, absolutely never where sweaters when installing film...

9. Rinse your fingers before handling film and rub them together while rinsing...

10. Learn to carry the peeled film without touching adhesive or learn to carry with fingertips, not finger palms...

11. Seal and Enamel the floor, if it is concrete...

12. Cover sheepskin type seat covers with bed sheets...

13. Improve your targeting skills to minimize pattern movement after it hits the glass...

14. Be cautious of your head/hair rubbing headliners when entering a vehicle...

15. Lightly mist cloth seats with application solution prior to sitting or kneeling on them...

16. Always squeegee off your glass board (workstation) before or after each pattern is placed upon it...

17. Tape off all felt and automotive interior rear deck fibers?

18. Lightly mist the liner's surface prior to its removal from a film pattern... this helps neutralize any static created as the liner is peeled from the adhesive...

19. Rinse all your tools regularly...

20. How old is the car? The newer it is, the less dirt contamination problems you will have.

21. What kind of sprayer are you using? If it's a pump sprayer, the cylinder starts wearing and will emit tiny particles of plastic in your water. Making it look like dirt specks.

22. The use of the vehicle, if it's one that sees a dirt road every single day, you will have dust problems no matter how old the car is.

23. Do not have fans running in your bay? If so, turn them off, the more still it is, the better chance you'll have of a clean install.

24. Wet the floor before each job, where possible.

25. NEVER sweep your shop out, wash it out. Sweeping sends dust in the air and lands on everything.

26. Clean your shop bay--EVERY SINGLE DAY.

27. There's a reason why a lot of tint bays look "empty", the more stuff you have lying around, the more stuff that collects dust.

28. Don't wear new clothes to work in. (ever see how much lint is in your dryer when you wash new clothes?)

29. Lotion your skin on a daily basis. Your skin flakes regularly, using lotion on your exposed skin areas helps keep flaking at a minimum.

30. Limit the use of hair gel. Some hair gels flake off when dry. A wax stick or hairspray, or wear a clean cap or just shave your head are options to consider.

31. Consider buying bottled water or install reverse osmosis filtering.

32. Clean your water bottles every time you refill them.

33. Don't use cheap paper towels. Buy the expensive ones that are lint free or use the Scott?s blue shop towels.

34. Rinse the car off before you pull it in the bay, where and when possible or ask the client to deliver it clean.

35. Secure fallen headliners in autos.

36. Establish a routine and be fluid with your actions.

37. Spray the film adhesive only and minimize how wet the glass surface is.

38. In Flat Glass (res/comm), precut film to fit frame with liner still attached.

hey guys, I just started playing golf yesterday. I was wondering if there was a simple way to hit hole in ones :lol6 I bought very expensive golf clubs. I dont really want to practice because rounds of golf are very expensive. I just want to be able to hit hole in ones every time :rollin can somebody help me.

I know your gonna tell me to practice, but thats not the answer I need......I just need somebody to tell me how to do it and make it easy :spit

[*]315605

:rollin

good one.

I dont know if going with a cheaper film to practice with will help any, as I find cheap film harder to work with, shrink etc.

Ive used alot of ATR and I love working with it. Its all up 2 u- If your serious about it get ready for some late nights and alot of cursing n swearing, if not, quit now.

Archived