NEW seat leon

B-C-D-Mike

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nikstar

To open this back up again has anyone done one of these yet, can you tint them plastic triangle windows without them bubbling up after a certian time? Also I was told by my mate whos a mechanic that window regulator on front doors is attached to door card, not sure about the back doors. Has anyone tinted one of these yet?

I'v just finished my first new leon!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! lol

I tinted the full car including fronts and front quarter glasses. Nightmare of a car.

Although the hardest things is stripping those doors, the window regulator and electrics are all part of the door cards and once you take it off the windows aren't held up by anything. I dont know how long these normally take but I was at it for 6 hours so keep that in mind

I have the best link for the door card removal! Everyone should print this off and keep it on file for when this comes in.......

door card removel guide

Good luck!

James sunny ireland

Guest naughtydog

I tinted the full car including fronts and front quarter glasses. Nightmare of a car.

Although the hardest things is stripping those doors, the window regulator and electrics are all part of the door cards and once you take it off the windows aren't held up by anything. I dont know how long these normally take but I was at it for 6 hours so keep that in mind

I have the best link for the door card removal! Everyone should print this off and keep it on file for when this comes in.......

door card removel guide

Good luck!

James sunny ireland

You need to learn how to tint with the panels in place...I could have had that car done in the time it takes to remove all that stuff. Did you leave the engine in or not?

door card removel guide

Good luck!

James sunny ireland

You need to learn how to tint with the panels in place...I could have had that car done in the time it takes to remove all that stuff. Did you leave the engine in or not?

Some cars you can't tint with the panels on! At least not very good! Some cars the panel is set high in the upper corner of the front doors so tight that it's super tough to install! Maybe ( I haven't seen the car ) but maybe this car needs the panels removed to install correctly! I take panels off and have for many years but the way that cars looks from the pictures I think I would just simply put that car on the what not to do list!! :thumb

I do leave some door card on but you try this on then tell me.... Tight is an understatement! and I was making sure this car was as close to perfect as is was only out of the factory.

Archived