TInting tail lights

Guest nbkbms5

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO I BOUGHT 4 CANS OF THE TESTORS TRANSPARENT BLACK. FOR MY BLACK MAGNUM. I HAVE A GUY WITH A SHOP THAT WILL DO IT. HOW SHOULD HE APPLY THE CLEAR COAT. DO THEY HAVE THAT IN A CAN. I AM NOT SURE HE HAS A PAINT GUN.

IT IS A TINTING PLACE WITH A GOOD ROOM (CLEAN FROM TOXINS) TO DO THE WORK, BUT NOT SURE HE PAINTS.

testors should have a clear also and apply it after the base has had time to cure(dry).  when you spray the clear it will look cloudy but it will clear up as it drys so dont think you screwed up if it looks cloudy at first.  between coats allow it to dry or you will get runs all over the place

[*]316155

would this be what you are talking about

http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=1008

testors should have a clear also and apply it after the base has had time to cure(dry).  when you spray the clear it will look cloudy but it will clear up as it drys so dont think you screwed up if it looks cloudy at first.  between coats allow it to dry or you will get runs all over the place

[*]316155

Thanks a bunch man. I ordered 4 cans of the tint and 2 cans of the clear. I have a paint / body place that is going to do the work.

UPS lost the 4 cans of tint. I ordered six more and have my appt next week. I think I am going to ask him to put multiple coats til it looks good and dark, then apply an automotive Clear and not use the Testors clear.. does that sound like a good idea.

Archived