vo|tron inspired debate

Guest tint rookie

Guest tint rookie

while debating religion, voltron mentioned religion and govt. dont belong together.

here in cali we got this one guy, athiest, fighting to remove the pledge of allegiance from the classroom. because it mentions god in it.

I agree with voltron to the extent of thats why people came here in the beginning. freedom of religion.

it seems he's fighting more for censorship rather than religious fredom.

as some as of know, not only do we have the right to free speech but we also have the right to STFU when the time is appropriate.

if his kids dont want to participate then there should be no reprocusion for their choice to do so.

seems to me if our forefathers hadnt had the desire for religious freedom, this country never would be. nor would he have had the outlet for his freedom of speech to speak out for his beliefs.

why would it be sooo horible for his kids to know that some (ok most) people believe in a god. does he cover their eyes when they drive past a church? he's probably the same guy against s*x ed, who pulls his kid out that week they teach the boys what their boner is for and the girls how to kick in the nuts when we get too frisky.

is he afraid his kids would make a religious choice other than his? heaven forbid we think differently than our parents.

im putting my money on he's a nobody using his kids for his own personal gain and popularity. I can think of one woman who started in texas and is now on a michael moore inspired tour protesting the war. these people make me sick

anyone else here think he's a wackjob or have differing oppinions?

I agree that if the kids dont believe in it and dont want to participate in it they shouldnt.? noone should be changed because of the belief of one person, if you dont like it dont participate

[*]316028

:woowoo

The guy in Cali is fighting for his belief, not his child's.

If you don't like the channel on TV go to another.

Prayer is personal communication between a person and god... it does not belong in schools in the form of one prayer fits all. If they want to have prayer in school, have a couple moments of silence for the prayer of one's 'choice'.

I agree that if the kids dont believe in it and dont want to participate in it they shouldnt.? noone should be changed because of the belief of one person, if you dont like it dont participate

[*]316028

:woowoo

The guy in Cali is fighting for his belief, not his child's.

If you don't like the channel on TV go to another.

Prayer is personal communication between a person and god... it does not belong in schools in the form of one prayer fits all. If they want to have prayer in school, have a couple moments of silence for the prayer of one's 'choice'.

[*]316125

excellent point Metint

Well I think this guy is trying to push his beliefs on his kids and in turn those kids are probly having a hard time at school by all the other kids. They are to young to be worring about that kinda stuff and dont fully understand all of it either. I have a difference of oppinion on the matter. On one hand it is the pledge of the allegence and is somewhat of a summerazation of what the united states stands for but on the other hand if this country was founded and born because of then why put anything pertaining to religion in it?

I thought we were talking about the pledge??????? :lol2

[*]316215

We were... just had a senior moment... they seem to come more often now that I've passed the AARP threshold.

As to the pledge... it's a generic statement not centered in any one religious belief and the only people who take issue with the word god are those who don't believe the existence of. :lol2

Archived