Tinting Windshields

Guest Gucci Olds

There's actually two different types of laminated windshields. A single laminate windshield where the plastic is in-between the outside glass and inside glass. In a wreck it is still possible that chunks of the inside glass break off and cause injury. There's also a second type of windshield using two pieces of glass and two layers of plastic. It's the same as the single layer laminate windshield other than the second layer is placed on the inside of the windshield to prevent glass from causing injury to the driver. Then of course there's bullet-resistant glass which is many layers of glass and laminate in-between. I say if you want to add a clear layer of plastic to the inside of the windshield go for it. It's the same idea as the dual laminate windshield for a fraction of the cost.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have done a couple of windshields with medical release forms for tinted windshields only. I have done some with safety film and have no prob doing that for anyone. However I personally may not feel tinted windshields are safe but with a medical release from a doctor ----- who am I to question that.

Archived