1994 T-Bird

Guest Retro Tint

I had to do alot of these a few years after they came out. sometimes the bottom would lay down no problem sometimes I'd trash it before it layed down. I had the best luck not shrinking the bottom alot. also squeegeed down the side and around toward the middle with heat on the outside. we used to cram paper towels into the corners to help keep the film pushed against the glass and park it in the sun. nowadays I wouldn't touch a car that old except for a friend.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest irishhanks2
ALL seams look like :tantrum .... Remember? :tantrum

yea. they do but this is the devils car ITs either that or start over and waste money besides here they are tight azz with there money so I am the same with my time. :lol2

Guest tintgod
yea. they do but this is the devils car ITs either that or start over and waste money besides here they are tight azz with there money so I am the same with my time. :tantrum

seam a thunderbird.. :tantrum

Guest RickD83

Only time I ever had a problem with one was when some guy brought one in that was FILTHY. Its one of the few cars I prefer to remove the rear deck on but for some STUPID reason, I decided not to... Looked like I'd emptied the ashtray (butts and all) under the film.

As far as the shrink goes, I always shrink the top half as I would any other window and don' apply heat to the bottom half at all... Just stretch the p!ss out of it.

Here's the trick for the bottom. Wet the film and squeegee it like your installing it, really nail it down. Heat the bottom HOT, almost bubbling the film, now your actually putting fingers INTO the film. Let it cool before pulling it off the glass. Check it on a glass board if you wanna see the fingers, its kinda cool. Anyways, this relieves the stress on the corners and they lay down easy. If you don't do this I've had them leave the shop looking great and come back the next day with the film peeling back. Hope this helps.

Archived