N00b Filling question

Guest ellwooda

Guest ellwooda

Hey all,

I just got my 95 Caprice back form the shop and have to say that from the outside, the job looks great but thanks to my detail oriented nature the inside is a different story. On the back window and rear areas of the rear windows, jagged cuts can be seen easitly, especially at the rear window where the edges of the defrosters are. Also, from looking at the rear of the car at the third brak light, an uneven cutout was made that was pretty noticeable. Are there any fillers or other measurs such as vinyl that can be applied to cover up these blemishes, and if so how do I apply them? I've tried to look up some topics on fillers but haven't been able to get any conclusive answers. Here are some pics to show what I'm talking about.

Caprice-Tint-4.jpg

Caprice-Tint-3.jpg

Caprice-Tint-2.jpg

Caprice-Tint-1.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

that is one nasty asss job..

the rear third brake light, the whole deck needs to come out to make it look better, and as far as jagged edges, before applying on the inside, after heat shrinking, trim to the point where you dont have any funny looking corners.. :lol2

It's no for the members of TD to get in the middle of your dilema ...quite simply ..if you paid very little for the job($99-$150 as an example) ...you got what you paid for...that job looks great if it's a dyed film and cutting around the brakelight is totally acceptable with any and all light gaps,dirt and jagged edges that have occurred .

If you paid more , you should expect more for you $$$..if the tinter hasn't met your expectations , take it up with him /her and come to a mutual conclusion of what should take place to make you content for whatever it is you paid :lol2

Guest ellwooda

I'm not questioning whether or not I got ripped off or not, I certainly got what I paid for given the conditions. All I'm wondering is what my options are as far as touching up the details go. I certainly do not mean to discredit the tinter/company who frankly I'm grateful for given the short notice and availability I gave them. But back on topic, I think from what I'm hearing is to take out the rear deck and brake light and dress it up with some tape or opaque marker? What materials are reccomended? Thanks.

Guest ellwooda
I'm not questioning whether or not I got ripped off, I certainly got what I paid for given the conditions. All I'm wondering is what my options are as far as touching up the details go. I certainly do not mean to discredit the tinter/company who frankly I'm grateful for given the short notice and availability I gave them. But back on topic, I think from what I'm hearing is to take out the rear deck and brake light and dress it up with some tape or opaque marker? What materials are reccomended? Thanks.

[*]316327

Guest afterhours

you could just go to the parts store and get a roll of black pinstripe and just cut the lengths you need to fill in any small light gaps or jagged cuts on the inside. if it looks good from the outside though dont stress it too much.

Archived