Sq. Ft. or Rolling ft

Guest afterhours

Guest tint rookie
The only reason I believe that I am competitive is that one of the major players is a Vista dealer and they are never cheaper.  Last year I gave a quote to a builder. Some one was doing some film work for them but they asked me for a quote since I was there hanging blinds. It was a wall of windows with an arch at the very top(18 Ft). 200 Sq ft total.  I figured I will give them a very special price of $850. I consider this charity. Would you believe he has it done for $250 from the other guy.  That's just about what the Lulu film would cost me. Kinda glad I didn't get the job. Might as well save that kind of energy for much better bucks anyway.  Basically they get cheap reflective film and 2 no English speaking guys making 5 an hour.

[*]317411

they got what they paid for im sure.

I love being arrogant to a retarded price like that.

take it there, go on, learn your lesson. half the time they stay and learn the difference. but I feel better for venting 100% of the time. I do auto as my staple, I see it all the time (80 buck diff on a car is h@ck territory, im right in the middle.....price wise that is)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont waste my time, or customers time with low end films. so yeah im quite accustomed to writing checks for high end film.

last time I checked it costs money to make money, ideal to keep losses at a minimum.

would you as a customer choose the tinter whos gonna eat the 2" or stick it to the customer.

sorry if I take a more realistic look towards sales,

you dont get the job cuz you expect the customer to eat your 2"......loss. (I held back there)

youre losing money.

get the job loose 80 bucks on it vs. not get the job at all and loose out on 2,800...(usuming the hypothetical 5x5 x12panes @ 4 per square).

if you really insist on being cheap, just reflect it in the per square footage charge.

1/2 the business sense would tell that. least youre appearing honest.

but wait the bottom line will still be 80 bucks higher.

happy bidding.

[*]317310

OK,

I'm not quite sure where this just went.

Anyhow, it is great to agree to disagree.

I am sure not one of us tints the same, as well as prices a job the same.

:thumb

Archived