Help just got my car Tinted..

Guest TintsCrown

Guest TintsCrown

I just picked up my car from the shop and when I got home I noticed the rear right-side windsheild looks like its been scratched with a blade. It's sord of hard to explain it goes from the top of the glass to the bottom. There are multiple white lines and some little white flakes? peeling off of the glass. Is this normal should I give it a day to see if it would come off. What exactly is this and what should I do. I have a life time warrantee so I assume they will fix it for no cost but is this normal or is it really scratches that must be fixed. I did get it done at a well known shop and it did empty my wallet. Sorry im new to the tint process can someone explain me what exactly caused the problem and how should I resolve it. Thanks a lot.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You probably never noticed the scratches before. If it's on the outside, and not on line with the outline of the window, I seriously doubt the tinter scratched it. We get this all the time, people never look at their clear glass UNTILL it's tinted. But this is the internet, we didn't work on your car, can't see the scratches, so talk to the shop that did it. But I still doubt it's them.

Guest TintsCrown

Well its some pretty bad scratches. They are from the inside not the outside. And what would be those white flakes peeling from it. I think I would have noticed that prior to the work. The straches are like perfectly straight, they are about 2 inches wide and go straight down like if the tinter was using a squeegie (sorry for spelling) and went straight down and scratched a big part of the window. Any more ideas comments. I will probably go to them tomorrow but suggestions would be gadly appriciated.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

usually prior damage such as scratches are present before the tint job and never noticed due to the fact that the glass is shiny and clear, but after you make the glass darker the scratches or flaws are more noticable because the contrast in color.

I seriously doubt that a squeegee is going to scratch the glass because unless your a moron the hard part will never touch the glass

perfectly straight

Can you draw a perfectly straight line? Niether can a tinter with a squeegee. The scratches are from the window rolling up and down past a felt with grit in it, the only reason you see it now is because there is tint behind it contrasting.

perfectly straight

Can you draw a perfectly straight line? Niether can a tinter with a squeegee. The scratches are from the window rolling up and down past a felt with grit in it, the only reason you see it now is because there is tint behind it contrasting.

[*]316538

Oh..it's a door glass? missed that detail. :ohcrap In other words, yeah, what he said. :ohcrap

:ohcrap missed didnt realize it was a side window. :ohcrap

perfectly straight

[*]316538

Archived