Help just got my car Tinted..

Guest TintsCrown

Guest FIREMAN68

Well when you are able to roll your window down cuz your window had enough time to dry. Roll it down and then see if it is your door scratching the window. If your tint has a scratch then problem solved its your door. To clean your window, get some water and dampen a cloth, clean rag, etc. and wipe down your window and that should do the trick.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest clear image
I just picked up my car from the shop and when I got home I noticed the rear right-side windsheild looks like its been scratched with a blade.  It's sord of hard to explain it goes from the top of the glass to the bottom.  There are multiple white lines and some little white flakes? peeling off of the glass.  Is this normal should I give it a day to see if it would come off.  What exactly is this and what should I do.  I have a life time warrantee so I assume they will fix it for no cost but is this normal or is it really scratches that must be fixed.  I did get it done at a well known shop and it did empty my wallet.  Sorry im new to the tint process can someone explain me what exactly caused the problem and how should I resolve it. Thanks a lot.

[*]316517

It sounds like to me, the glass was cut with a dull Olfa knife. The white flakes are probably little pieces of glass that has been etched and flaking off. Your life time warranty is for film failure not because of improper install. That becomes subjective as to what is acceptable and what isn't. They probably " finished" cutting the film on the auto glass causing the straight cut mark. A squeege with a grain of sand can cause the same problem if caught between the glass and squeege. This would only happen if they were cleaning the glass with the use of a squeege. Auto glass should be clean on the outside even before cutting the film. It aides to a clean install.

scratches on inside you rookie

[*]318120

Wow yet another insightful post. Darkside the elegant way you use language and context to uplift and elighten the reader is inspiring, how do you come up with those clever remarks. I am going to study the Faust, and brush up on my literary skills. You are so talented with your wit and word chioce, you are a shining example of higher thought and enlightenment.

:dunno

Archived