HELP 1998 Honda Civic EX 2 dr tint problems

Guest abreathoflife

Guest abreathoflife

I got my tint done about 6 months ago I got 5% and the rubber thats at the base of the inside of the window has like glue or something on it and its melting and causing like glue balls and smears on the inside of my window. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Also, the rubber thats on the outside right side (if you're facing the window) is supposed to go on the outside of the window and it curls up whenever I am rolling up the window and the window doesnt fit right anymore, it is rolling the rubber onto the inside of my window. No of the other windows have problems, I would be greatful if anyone had suggestions or help for me. :lol2

Thanks!

Ryan

Guest abreathoflife

Thanks, but what about the glue sh*t thats on the inside of my window, thats bugging me a lot more than the rest of the stuff. I can't figure out what I should do. Its melting it and p1ss1ng me off

was there tint on the window before..?..if your not sure..that may be the case..and if it is..it may be glue that was left over from them pealing off the old tint...I have seen this before..I have also see that it may be gease from the window motor..take the pannel off..and look and see what you can see.

Guest abreathoflife

Aight thanks man. It's w/e is on the interior base of the window, it brushes up against the window when you roll it up and down. It has like felt on it and the glue is melting b/c the window gets so hot I guess.

when you had it tinted did the tinter put any aftermarket felt on the inner mldgs...if so that may be the problem..I have repaired a few ...some of the cars do not have felt on those mldgs from the factory anymore and what they have now will scratch the tint....what sounds like to me is the adhesive that was put on to protect your tint has failed and need replaced go back to the shop you had it done at show them....the smeary stuff will come off and not damage the tint but fix the mldgs first

Archived