tinting lexan race glass?

Guest killerkx327

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killerkx327

well ,I was told by a local tint shop that this would happen and I do believe it. the thing I was looking is for some more experienced tinters that have found a way to overcome the outgassing and bubbling.

I was hoping someone would know of a special way to prep the lexan with maybe a real light wet sanding with some 2000 grit just to give it something better to adhere to.or maybe a special spray on application. anything.evidentily lexan is more trouble than it's worth to tint it.

would any of you think that maybe that static window tint would be an alternative. it's not something I need to see through as the car is a drag car.

Guest tint rookie
well ,I was told by a local tint shop that this would happen and I do believe it. the thing I was looking is for some more experienced tinters that have found a way to overcome the outgassing and bubbling.

I was hoping someone would know of a special way to prep the lexan with maybe a real light wet sanding with some 2000 grit just to give it something better to adhere to.or maybe a special spray on application. anything.evidentily lexan is more trouble than it's worth to tint it.

would any of you think that maybe that static window tint would be an alternative. it's not something I need to see through as the car is a drag car.

[*]318019

two posts, I love it when im wrong...

I would think that sanding would only promote the outgassing. and clarity. even with some of the finest paper out there. youd'e still have to use a polish to get your clarity back, yet another chemical between the film and the lexan, we wouldnt be able o gaurauntee the results.

is already colored lexan an option for your app.?

static cling stuff? on a drag car? shouldnt it be sooooo fast that it would blow right off? youre right why would you need to see if youre going that slow...... just one last dig I had to get in.

you might wanna check local track rules when it comes to tint and safety equip. depending on what class you race, might keep you bench racing in the pits if the tech dont like it.

Archived