Talked to BS

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:eyebrows  I'm ALIVE!

Trees are down but not on the house. All glass still intact miraculously. I cannot go back home for a couple weeks because there is no power. Evidently the main lines  from Houston to Lousiana are  down which will make it take longer to fix than the ones the trees fell on in town.

Here at Moms in San ANtonio. Just got Road runner a little bit ago. Her computer is slow as molasses even tho it has cable internet.

We are all fine and accounted for. I will tell yall all about it soon.

Good news is that big old oak is gone!!! :poop. It fell straight up my driveway and not on the house.  :thumbdown

[*]320598

glad to see you are well and safe BS and didnt have that much damge :poop

Guest Braud Spectrum

:dunno I missed you all.

Poor Janet (my sister) had a 24 hour trip from Beaumont to San Antonio... her van broke down in Houston at 610 and I10 in the blaring sun for three hours. An angel in a Suburban picked her up on the side of the road who had granny, three kids including a 6 week old baby and a dog. They were going to Laredo and squeezed her in, dropped her off right here at Mom's house. Praise the Lord. Janets husband stayed in Beaumont thru Rita and is still there with no power. He's a hunter so he's used to roughing it. :lol We were finally reunited with Janets daughter and her grand babies Sunday evening. She decicded not to ride with Janet at the last minute and had gone with her Mother in Law to somewhere near Toledo Bend. Not far enough from the storm for us, but she survived and was probably a blessing for her babies not to have to endure that treck Janet had to.

Mom is not here. She is still in Virginia but has had phone and cable turned back on for us as of today.

I am so happy to be back here. :lol

Archived