Tint Help

Guest Hardcore-Tint

Guest Hardcore-Tint

Right I no I might sound like a rookie, but that is cus I am.

Ive just started my training and my teacher is an absolute idiot and just is no help what so ever so im taking it upon myself to get the work done.

I feel that a teacher should be your roll model and the person that reach to in your time of need, you all remeber you teachers.

I need some tips on the right steps to take in makin a proper job and not a scrappy mess.

So could sum 1 please help me out in a guide to doin it right.

Any way if I get it right again and again maybe the tail of the pupil destroyin the master will be a true story after all.

Thanks all I no I can count on sum1 to be a proper roll model.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest whale hung

it takes years to do what we do .slow down ! you sound like you are in a big hurry .if you find someone to help. you will still suck in 6 mo.so get some film a couple of cars and waste $ .thats what 99% of us did . no magic teacher out there . :lol6

Ive just started my training and my teacher is an absolute idiot and just is no help what so ever so im taking it upon myself to get the work done.

I feel that a teacher should be your roll model and the person that reach to in your time of need, you all remeber you teachers.

I need some tips on the right steps to take in makin a proper job and not a scrappy mess.

Any way if I get it right again and again maybe the tail of the pupil destroyin the master will be a true story after all.

[*]318850

If you are training beside a seasoned installer at an operating business... may be the teach feels threatened? :spit

Tinting, like someone has already said, is not an overnight matter... some take weeks, some take months and still others struggle with it for a year or two. If you have the knack for this trade, you should be in one of the first two categories.

Basics can be shown or taught and that is all, it's in how much devotion there exists in the practicing of the basics that gets a student of tint to the point of consistent, quality installs with little to zero waste.

Get your hands on the auto install training CD from LLumar... it has short clips of the different install processes, related documents and even the sequence of events in the order best for minimizing the amount of time to completion. This CD will not teach you to tint, but it can serve as a frame of reference for any portion of the process.

Or... find a tint school that strictly focuses on training the basics without the side by side installer issues found in a shop environment and with the absence of pressure to produce an install for sale.

[*]318850

If you are training beside a seasoned installer at an operating business... may be the teach feels threatened? :inot

Tinting, like someone has already said, is not an overnight matter... some take weeks, some take months and still others struggle with it for a year or two. If you have the knack for this trade, you should be in one of the first two categories.

Basics can be shown or taught and that is all, it's in how much devotion there exists in the practicing of the basics that gets a student of tint to the point of consistent, quality installs with little to zero waste.

Get your hands on the auto install training CD from LLumar... it has short clips of the different install processes, related documents and even the sequence of events in the order best for minimizing the amount of time to completion. This CD will not teach you to tint, but it can serve as a frame of reference for any portion of the process.

Or... find a tint school that strictly focuses on training the basics without the side by side installer issues found in a shop environment and with the absence of pressure to produce an install for sale.

[*]319096

yea that llumar CD sure comes in handy :inot :beach

here is an idea I just had...maybe you can go to a junk yard ...find yourself a door on a car with a window in it ,buy it and practice on that for hours on end...try getting one that has alot of felt round it..and just plug away at it tell you get it right..it may help...then wene you get it to were you have it with no comtamination..do it again...and again... :beach

trying to help out

here is an idea I just had...maybe you can go to a junk yard ...find yourself a door on a car with a window in it ,buy it and practice on that for hours on end...try getting one that has alot of felt round it..and just plug away at it tell you get it right..it may help...then wene you get it to were you have it with no comtamination..do it again...and again... :nope

trying to help out

[*]319303

Good idea... add a back glass for heat forming and before ya know it you can actually do live cars instead of dead ones. :lol2

here is an idea I just had...maybe you can go to a junk yard ...find yourself a door on a car with a window in it ,buy it and practice on that for hours on end...try getting one that has alot of felt round it..and just plug away at it tell you get it right..it may help...then wene you get it to were you have it with no comtamination..do it again...and again... :dunno

trying to help out

[*]319303

Good idea... add a back glass for heat forming and before ya know it you can actually do live cars instead of dead ones. :dunno

[*]319667

make sure the doors and rear glass are from a 98 taurus :DD:dunno

Archived