Finally got my cornelious tank up and running

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your creativity is excellant,we can always use new ideas

Thank you.

Actually, hydraulics and plumbing is nothing new to me. As a hydraulic test engineer, I had to build many systems to perform various functions. This one was a little tougher though, 'cause local hardware stores typically do not carry many hydraulic or compressed air fittings.

I have never had a problem with contamination in our city's local water supply, so I don't do any type of water filtration.

That big orange thing on the inlet side, is an air filter, to filter the oil and contaminants out of the pressurized inlet air. They are called 'Disposable Spray Gun Filters', model D-12-2 by a company called Motor Guard Corp. They are geared toward the body shop business for use on paint spray guns. I just buy mine from our local auto parts supplier.

OK. I just picked up seven more tanks, and a boat load of the quick disconnect (QD) fittings for the inlet and outlets at the top of the tank. I made a deal with a guy that works for a Pepsi maintenance facility.

I won't have time to purchase the other components needed until after SEMA, and I will post more pics and procedures then. If anyone already has a tank like this and needs some of those top QD fittings, let me know. I have way more than I will need.

Guest redgtxdi

Here comes a dumb question (?).........

Is the purpose of this tank to strictly move a higher volume of water & maybe more pressure as a side effect or ????????????????

I find when I pump my pump sprayer up pretty high, I definitely get as much pressure & water as I need.

Just curious.

TIA! :bling

Archived