Finally got my cornelious tank up and running

I will sell the fitting cheap, like $5 a pair, plus shipping.

The purpose of this tank for me, is the fact that I am sick of pumping. There's nothing worse than being in a back seat and have your pressure running out. Plus, it pushes way more pressure than any pump tank that I have tried (and I have used a bunch). The constant, added pressure provides a cleaner install, and I eliminated many cleaning steps prior to install.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest redgtxdi

Well, I can definitely appreciate that.

I usually *overpump* mine anyway, but no matter how much you overpump you still have to pump 'er again and that can impede the process for sure.

I guess efficiency might also fit in too.

I recall getting so mad at some door panels......(fuzzz-o-rama type).......that I would literally just the glass & let it run off like Niagara falls & that'll sure k!ll your water reserves *and* pressure.

But......what the heck........I sure showed those panels!!! (Well, minus the dry rot a year later, right?..........LOL!!!!) :popcorn

I have done a couple since I got this tank up and running where I really appreciated it... like the '94 Landcruiser I did two weeks ago. The thing was disgusting. The back glass had a tight rubber gasket that was totally full of dust. The higher, constant pressure was a life saver to power the dust and crap from the gasket. The floor underneath the back door on this thing actually stained black and brown after that one.

I never took any of my old tanks and disabled the pressure relief valve... no chance in over-pumping then. I was always afraid of screwing up the plastic on my new tank.

Guest tintmaster1

WOW! you finally figured out the pepsi tank. do you know what year it is? anyway I've been using these tanks for years their air pressure rating is 130 psi if you look on the side of the tank it'll have the rateing. I've had my tank as high as 180 psi and it did'nt blow up.run it at least 125 psi so you won't have to keep pumping it up. don't run a plastic filter on it or it will pop! don't use metal ones either they rust. the inline filter in the handle is fine. good luck tintmaster1

Guest CJ Shades
WOW! you finally figured out the pepsi tank. do you know what year it is? anyway I've been using these tanks for years their air pressure rating is 130 psi if you look on the side of the tank it'll have the rateing. I've had my tank as high as 180 psi and it did'nt blow up.run it at least 125 psi so you won't have to keep pumping it up. don't run a plastic filter on it or it will pop! don't use metal ones either they rust. the inline filter in the handle is fine. good luck tintmaster1

[*]370050

OK! Before I go and pay $175 each from one of the local Tint supply vendors for these bad boys. Is there a cheaper way? I'm willing to pay it, but if I can build these things for say $75ea I would like to spend that other $200 on an extra roll of film or 2.

Would I contact the local "Pepsi" or "Coke" guy to get the tanks?

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived