Practice films

Guest yellowkawi

Guest yellowkawi

To all protinters and masters who used to start out practicing before becoming a legend, where do you all buy your films from and what brand?? I have tried to call a local distributor for Llumar films but they told me that I need a business license before buying film from them :beach

How can I get my license if I am just starting out and wanting to practice to tint before even thinking about opening a tint shop? I want to buy Llumar films. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to obtain films for practice w/o having a business license? Need help.....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest g1craych

I wouldnt spend the money on the expensive films for just practice anyways...go to e-bay and buy the cheapie stuff....get a 40"x50' roll of cheap film, cut it in half longways for side windows and learn how to do one piece backwindows. if u can shrink the cheap stuff as a one piece back window without creasing it then u should be able to definately do it with high grade film. learn to cut right (double cutting side windows) and learn to shrink.....learn to clean the windows real well and get clean installs.....dont even pull the liner off the film...that way u can do it over and over and over.....and over and over......if u mess it up, take it inside to your showerspray down the wall real good, stick it up on the wall spray down the film real good, roll it up(with the side ur gonna put on the window to the inside) take it back out and do it again....thats practice! without having to spend a ton of money to do it......the film will stick to the window without removing the liner, it will squeegee out, and u can learn where your gonna typically run into problems and figure out the solutions. the film will only "stick" for maybe an hour or so, or until the solution completely dries. but its good practice, and do it on different cars until your confident that your not gonna run into any unforeseen problems along the way...then get some global window film....spend some more money. get better stuff. they'll sell to you...good luck. hope it helps a little

I wouldnt spend the money on the expensive films for just practice anyways...go to e-bay and buy the cheapie stuff....get a 40"x50' roll of cheap film, cut it in half longways for side windows and learn how to do one piece backwindows. if u can shrink the cheap stuff as a one piece back window without creasing it then u should be able to definately do it with high grade film. learn to cut right (double cutting side windows) and learn to shrink.....learn to clean the windows real well and get clean installs.....dont even pull the liner off the film...that way u can do it over and over and over.....and over and over......if u mess it up, take it inside to your showerspray down the wall real good, stick it up on the wall spray down the film real good, roll it up(with the side ur gonna put on the window to the inside) take it back out and do it again....thats practice! without having to spend a ton of money to do it......the film will stick to the window without removing the liner, it will squeegee out, and u can learn where your gonna typically run into problems and figure out the solutions.  the film will only "stick" for maybe an hour or so, or until the solution completely dries. but its good practice, and do it on different cars until your confident that your not gonna run into any unforeseen problems along the way...then get some global window film....spend some more money. get better stuff. they'll sell to you...good luck. hope it helps a little

[*]320104

I was gonna say that but I felt to lazy,

you have to obtain a resale # and business license, before you do any biz with any major window film manufacturer,

to practice with film, I suggest you go to kragens, ebay, or whatever cheap film you can get, and practice on that, once you got it down, then you buy the good shizzz to sell to your customers

Guest yellowkawi

Thanks for all the inputs. I only have a garage to practice from (with no doors) so I know I will be exposed to some contamination and I will use my front door (after I clean it realllll good) as a peelboard. I know that I should practice practice practice and more practice, but is there anything else that you pros would like to add---whether it be positive or negative.

Thanks for all the inputs. I only have a garage to practice from (with no doors) so I know I will be exposed to some contamination and I will use my front door (after I clean it realllll good) as a peelboard. I know that I should practice practice practice and more practice, but is there anything else that you pros would like to add---whether it be positive or negative.

[*]320173

Read as much as you can here, and checking the makes and models area for tips on particular cars before you start wont hurt.

Try to be patient and learn from the inevitable mistakes.

Pray.

Archived