contamination in film installation

Guest wes

how much contamination is acceptable? I have been putting llumar ATR on for about 5 yrs now in ne colorado where the wind blows all the time and it almost seems impossible to not get atleast one speck somewhere on the install. most never complain or even see it, but a couple of times I have had some majorly 4|\|4L customers who couldnt live with a speck or two that u need a microscope to see anyway. it just pisses me off bad when this happens because they think its so easy to put on. any comments or suggestion on this would be great

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nothing is perfect,

I can walk around a customers car brand new and finda million dealer defects, and then they have the nerve to find a defect in my installation?

give me a break :poke

[*]320500

I know!! I mean I do everything in my powers to do a "perfect job" sometimes its close but there is always one area it seems. but how do u deal with a customer who is talking smack and acting like an arse about a few specks and wants it redone "perfect" when all tinters know its almost impossible

Guest mastertinter
nothing is perfect,

I can walk around a customers car brand new and finda million dealer defects, and then they have the nerve to find a defect in my installation?

give me a break :poke

[*]320500

I know!! I mean I do everything in my powers to do a "perfect job" sometimes its close but there is always one area it seems. but how do u deal with a customer who is talking smack and acting like an arse about a few specks and wants it redone "perfect" when all tinters know its almost impossible

[*]320504

Just grab them by the shirt collars and say how far do you want to go... is that scratch on the bumper gonna get fixed soon??? will you EVER clean the dead flies off the rear window deck. Hey its a aftermarket application you can't have it perfect, FACT: you will run into 4|\|4L retentive freaks with nothing better to do but complain that there 94 sunfire has a speck on the back window. Just tell them it will go away as soon as they do, then when they drive away say to yourself, see I cant see it anymore. :lol6

Tell them if there is a perfect enviornment, and you are tinting in a paint booth that has never been painted in and everything is perfect (no wind, 78degrees outside, had a healthy breakfast,slept in a hollidayinn express lastnight) then you can do a perfect job.

Tell them if there is a perfect enviornment, and you are tinting in a paint booth that has never been painted in and everything is perfect (no wind, 78degrees outside, had a healthy breakfast,slept in a hollidayinn express lastnight) then you can do a perfect job.

[*]320518

:poke

[*]320518

:poke

[*]320521

im lmao right now! I agree and im glad that other tinters see things my way! I was feeling kinda bad yesterday! u know, thinking man do I really suck that bad at this. I know I dont because most people never complain at all. I think I need to develope an application that the customer must fill out to determine it he/she has any obsessive compulsive traits because if u do I dont wanna touch your "pimped out grand am" lololol

I remind them that they are windows... you look through them, not at them. Then, ask them to stand back four feet... Do you see a speck now?

The 'boulder' or piece of hair is considered unacceptable. Or, if you have an entire 'cloud' of dust in a corner, that's not acceptable.

NEVER use the word perfect when talking to the coustomer!

tell the 4|\|4L ones that @#$% about a micro speck and want it perfect that the good lord is the only one that can do a PERFECT job and hes by my side but he dosent apply the film.

Archived