contamination in film installation

Guest wes

Guest mastertinter
I remind them that they are windows... you look through them, not at them.  Then, ask them to stand back four feet... Do you see a speck now?

The 'boulder' or piece of hair is considered unacceptable.  Or, if you have an entire 'cloud' of dust in a corner, that's not acceptable.

[*]320539

I have found that the more I charge the less people complain, if you are slashing your prices you dig up these people who think they have just unloded fort knox if they pay 150 for there back window. A good price brings good customers who are used to spending money. ( if you saved all your bottle money for a year to get you r window done dont call me) LOLOLO

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those one maybe two out of a hundred that leave nose prints on the glass when first arriving to pick up the car and I'd get that hair up on end on the back of the neck feeling while the customer has instantly become obsessed with a speck of flea :poke... I simply walk back to the car and instantly remove the film and invite 'em to find someone that can tint to their expectations.

For those coming back, I give it another go and after that if they were not happy I'd give 'em the phone book and phone while I go out a rip all the film off their glass, come back in, ask if they found another place and give 'em their money back.

Always with a, 'Sorry we couldn't do business with one another'!

Had one husband reach out and shake my hand after sliding the keys to his wife's car and a refund check across the counter because she went off over a piece of flea :sign in one of the windows I had tinted. After two attempts to satisfy, had her leave the car under the guise I would take care of it... I did by pulling it all off, refunding her money and sent her off looking for another tinter to harass over a speck. :lol6

I have had a few customers over the years that I have offered to remove their tint with a full refund. Most of the time it was due to the fact that I couldn't match their factory tint perfectly (like on the Ford's that used the reflective tint on the SUVs), but a couple of times it was due to a couple of specks.

Funny thing is... they normally were satified enough and left it 'as is'. Some people are always looking for something for nothing. Like I am going to give them their money back AND leave the tint on the car.

I have had a few customers over the years that I have offered to remove their tint with a full refund.  Most of the time it was due to the fact that I couldn't match their factory tint perfectly (like on the Ford's that used the reflective tint on the SUVs), but a couple of times it was due to a couple of specks. 

Funny thing is... they normally were satified enough and left it 'as is'.  Some people are always looking for something for nothing.  Like I am going to give them their money back AND leave the tint on the car.

[*]320580

im pleased to find out im not the only shop who gets this from time to time not often actually only 2 or 3 times in around 5yrs. but it definately pisses me off. I have one guy who is bitching about a couple of specks and I was going to redo the entire car for free but he got a major attitude with me and said numerous things like what the f I thought u said ud take your time and did u even clean the f-ing windows ect ect. there was an issue on his rear window I had a couple of air bubbles on the very bottom edge that I told him was my fault and that could be taken care of but as far as a few specks here or there not much u can do about that no matter how good u clean the car. he just went off and now I think im just gonna rip the film off his car on friday and hand him his 200 bucks back and tell him to kick rocks!!! the thing is if this customer would have came to me like a decent human and wanted his car fixed I definately would have givin it another go but with his "DEMANDS" I feel he should go somewhere else. I think ill offer him some of my computer cut patterns and let him try to do it himself. id love to watch!

OMG, I just had a guy in here about an hour ago... he was like totally 4|\|4L, being very specific, like he researched the whole tinting process before stopping here. He asked me questions like... Do you computer cut your film? What brand(s) do you use? Is that the best warranty a manufacturer will offer? Etc.

I told my hubby... I don't even want to tint his truck... two windows... big frickin' deal.

OMG, I just had a guy in here about an hour ago... he was like totally 4|\|4L, being very specific, like he researched the whole tinting process before stopping here.  He asked me questions like... Do you computer cut your film?  What brand(s) do you use?  Is that the best warranty a manufacturer will offer?  Etc. 

I told my hubby... I don't even want to tint his truck... two windows... big frickin' deal.

[*]320601

where do these freaks come from!!

Archived