dealer pickup and delivery

do you pickup and deliver dealer cars?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. do you pickup and deliver dealer cars?

• we pickup and deliver at no extra charge
    • we pickup and deliver with an extra fee
    • the dealers bring them to us and pick them up
    • they bring them to us but sometimes in a bind we pick them up
    • other

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ninjatinter

In this day and age it's simple, you have to make it sooooooo simple for these clowns that they don't hesitate to call you. Up here if you charge to pick up cars, yer out. Simple as that. My competitors pick up for free, so shall I. We are here to slang papas, If that means drivin an hour round trip .... I do it. I have two installers(includeing myself) so I can do plenty in one day. Dealers make and CRUSH tinshops in my neck of the woods. :thumb:chick

Guest afterhours

the tint shop that I run full time offers free pickup and delivery when it is a must but I h@te to do it...... the tint shop that I own I never pickup or deliver. if you want it done bad enough bring it to me and you make the arrangements I can't afford an accident.

Guest tint rookie
shouldnt the dealers insurance cover the car while its in transport to and from there lot? there garage liability and dealers open lot coverage should cover you as a  driver while the vehicle is in transport.

[*]321038

true, but do you really think it would be that simple? last time I checked dealerships h@te to lose money. rather it be in monthly premiums or directly straight out of their pockets. some dealerships are actually self insured, meaning they have an seperates acct with a designated amount set aside for such incidents. gonna be even harder to get them to cover it. I know the stealerships can afford better lawyers than most...... hell they are right next to eachother on the food chain.

either way, its a hastle I choose to avoid whenever possible. that and such an incident could ruin a good client over an unnessecary hastle.

for the most part I don't pick up and deliver...but it happens on occasion. I've got about 10 dealerships within 2 miles of us anyway. :thumb seems easier to me for them to send some punkazz lot boy to do the driving. let the people that make money actually make it.

Archived