01 2 door civic

Guest HeavyBreather

Guest HeavyBreather

Tinted this car last week. The customer complained of poor reception after the film was put on. I removed the film that was over the antena, but it didnt help. Im positive I didnt cut the antena, I do all of the cutting on the outside.I did remove the deck. The car is being droped of on fri to see if I can pinpoint the problem. Anyone have any sugestions?

Tinted this car last week. The customer complained of poor reception after the film was put on. I removed the film that was over the antena, but it didnt help. Im positive I didnt cut the antena, I do all of the cutting on the outside.I did remove the deck. The car is being droped of on fri to see if I can pinpoint the problem. Anyone have any sugestions?

[*]320584

what type of film are u using?

Is it only AM reception they are having problems with? I have only had a couple of radio reception complaints in the last few years, most didn't care enough to remove the film... one guy purchased a secondary antenna that attaches to the inside of the windshield and worked with his stock vehicle antenna... that worked well.

Is it only AM reception they are having problems with?  I have only had a couple of radio reception complaints in the last few years, most didn't care enough to remove the film... one guy purchased a secondary antenna that attaches to the inside of the windshield and worked with his stock vehicle antenna... that worked well.

[*]320588

I have heard of this many times before especially with 100 metal films if u r having bad am reception u may try a dyed film when the antenna is in the glass

Guest HeavyBreather

SG Desert Smoke, Its a dyed\metalic film. Yes Am is completly gome but the FM is pretty bad also. I have never had this problem before. I try to not install a full metalic film on glass w antenas .

Also, Is it usually the metalic film that is put on over the antena, or just on the same glass that has the antena but stoping before the antena, that causes the problem?

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

maybe something got wet that shouldn't have.

At the shop I used to work at, we tinted one of those with suntek hp and the girl came back and complained about the AM. So we yanked the film and somewhere along the line messed up the attena. needless to say we had to buy the chick a new window.

I'm glad I wasn't at fault though, the boss payed.

actually if u pulled the rear deck chances are the antenna connection came loose or fell off. it happened to me once. just pull the passenger side sail panel and youll see the antenna hook up. just plug it back in and away you go. no need to pull the rear deck again, that shiet is a pain in the arse any way!!!

Archived