Rear and Side defroster

Guest tankster

Guest tankster

I purchased a minivan from a dealer that put aftermarket tint on the rear 5 windows. It looked nice at night when I bought it. The next day I realized the side defroster was all bubbled up, the other 4 had a few bubbles and lots of contamination. I took it back to the dealer and complained. They said it was warrantied. and they would retint it I said no just remove it and I'll take it to a place I trust. Well I should have figured if they couldn't tint then they probably couldn't remove tint either.

My question is should the defroster lines look discolored in all various places? Is this normal or is my defroster screwed? I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I figured if the defroster lines are in place it should be ok but seeing all the discoloration I had to ask. Thanks in advance.

well discolored defroster lines means, the surface of it (coating of defroster) have been tampered with somehow, some popular reason could be it had tint before or the knuckle head who did it, use a razor blade all over it....

all I can say..most likely they wont work where they are discolored.

another reason could be, if its the widnows in the cargo area then it could be the previous owner carried stuff that rubbed against the window (inside) so that could be one reason...but who knows, good luck man

well no your defroster shouldn't look like that..

it sounds like they cut your defroster lines? not sure though I can't see them.

you can test them with a test light to see if they are working.

if the test light doesn't come on ...well then your defroster is screwed..

and I would take it back to the dealer.

Guest tankster
well discolored defroster lines means, the surface of it (coating of defroster)  have been tampered with somehow, some popular reason could be it had tint before or the knuckle head who did it, use a razor blade all over it....

all I can say..most likely they wont work where they are discolored.

another reason could be, if its the widnows in the cargo area then it could be the previous owner carried stuff that rubbed against the window (inside) so that could be one reason...but who knows, good luck man

[*]320957

It was brand new 2005 Ford Freestar, Im not a tinter, but could most reputable tint shops test it? Or could the dealer test it? So the defroster should work but possibly not in those discolored areas or would the whole thing be shot? Thanks again.

It was brand new 2005 Ford Freestar, Im not a tinter, but could most reputable tint shops test it? Or could the dealer test it? So the defroster should work but possibly not in those discolored areas or would the whole thing be shot? Thanks again.

[*]320970

turn on the defroster for 1 min, then try to fog up the glass with your breth on the out side. if they work the lines will stay dry and between will be foggy :thumb

Archived