Factory tint is not tint at all

Guest mastertinter

Guest mastertinter

So I've been trying to tell dealers that "factory tint" isn't tint at all. The glass goes through a process called deep dipping, giving the glass the apperance of tint, but has no solar control and does not inhibit uv rays. They really couldn't care less though. So I've been letting customers know that their vehicle's "factory tint" is not actually beneficial at all, and pretty much every customer I tell wants to get the windows done. Dunno bout' the dealers though. :thumbdown they can be so frustrating :nope

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been trying to tell dealers that "factory tint" isn't tint at all. The glass goes through a process called deep dipping, giving the glass the apperance of tint, but has no solar control and does not inhibit uv rays. They really couldn't care less though. So I've been letting customers know that their vehicle's "factory tint" is not actually beneficial at all, and pretty much every customer I tell wants to get the windows done. Dunno bout' the dealers though. :thumb they can be so frustrating :lol6

[*]321275

Gee, if the 'deep dip' of glass doesn't do anything, I guess the deep dip of polyester must not either.

Go to LOF, PPG, Pilkington, or Saint Gobain website and look at glass performance numbers yourself.

Hands down they are no match for high performance window film, but it's erroneous to state the factory 'deep dipped' glass does nothing. :lol6

its called batch. the color goes all the way through. Don't believe me? Break one and check out one of the pieces.

Some is coated, early SUVs like Suburbans had the coating on the inside surface.

None is dipped all the way around.

Nice try. :lol

Guest tint rookie
its called batch. the color goes all the way through. Don't believe me? Break one and check out one of the pieces.

Some is coated, early SUVs like Suburbans had the coating on the inside surface.

None is dipped all the way around.

Nice try. :spit

[*]321558

the new batch of members needs some schoolin.....

stick around and learn something, guys.