Factory tint is not tint at all

Guest mastertinter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you must be kidding me right experience has nothing to do with quality. sure a tinter with one or two years experience is a good tinter. I know I sucked back then compared to now.

As far putting down other tint shops PLEASE show me where I once said that I bad mouth the other shops around me. Suppose you cant since I never stated that.

As far as bieng a liar again I will say this some factory glass will make your vehicle hotter. Why dont you do a little research on this subject rather than just take me-tints word on it. ( no offence me-tint ILL explain what I mean here)

Right off of pilkingtons web site.

Pilkington has long been a market leader in body tinted glass compositions. Opticool and Ez kool are solar absorbing glasses, providing significant improvements to occupant comfort. these products reduce heat entering through a vehicles glazed area by up to around 20 percent. Compared to a car equiped with standard tinted glass.

Now what does that tell you dumb dumb . That not all factory tint works the same if there premiere lines only reduce up to around 20 % of the heat what does standard tint reduce? I would have to say nothing. Even if it is reducing it by 5% That is close enough to say it does nothing.

Now lets talk absorbtion here. glass is like a sponge it can only absorb so much. So once it has met is limit of absorbsion where do you think the heat will go. Back out to the source of the heat or into the cooler area. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

go to ppg's web site check that out you will see a list of cars supplied whith thier glass. You will notice that it does not have every vehicle on it. And it will also state that they may not be the sole supplier of the glass.

As far as the industry lying on the numbers. HMMM lets see ever hear of vioxx. Lied about the case studys and the amount of side affects

Ever hear of chevy who in I believe it was 1984 lied about the performance numbers of the corvette. Forgot to mention that when the car ran what it ran. They took off all unnecasary equipment like ac pump power steering box

how about buick when they lied about the grand national. they under rated the thing by far

And lets use this as a perfect example of creative wording if you will . You know what I said before about marketing tools and stretch the truth a little. direct form pilkington IT WILL REDUCE UP TO AROUND 20%. They give you no definate # just an aproximation.

up to around what the hell is that suppose to mean.

So before you go running your mouth again. Know what your talking about first.

And as far as who gives this industry a bad name. It is people like you who just started tinting a year ago. Who think they know what they are doing, And have no idea what they are talking about

So before you go and begin with the your a liar @#$% do a little research on the subject your calling someone a liar about. Even if every single piece of factory tinted glass had minimal benefit. to me minimal benefit is the same as nothing. If I say I am broke but have 10 cents in my pocket am I lying ? In a way yes I would be because I have 10 cents. but lets be realistic if you only have a dime you are broke. doesnt make you a liar does it .

I almost forgot your stupid statement about huper. This statement alone shows your lack of marketing knowledge.

Doesnt huper sell itself

NO IT DOES NOT . yes it is the top of the line film on the market, but it still has to be sold. You have to explain to the customer why it cost so much more than the other films. You have to inform the customers with cars deserving of it about it.

Get back to me when you have a clue about how to sell, run a business, and even how to tint

Guest loprotinter

THE FACTORY GLASS IS A DYE IN THE MOLTEN GLASS BATCH THIS IS CALLED PRIVACY GLASS.. IT WORKS LIKE THE OLD DYED FILMS BY ABSORBING HEAT AND HOPE THE CAR IS MOVING TO PULL THE HEAT OFF THE GLASS . AND THE GLASS STOPS A SMALL AMOUNT OF UV RAYS. COMPAIR THE GLASS SPECS TO FILM AND YOU WILL SELL THE SERVICE MANAGER AND THE SALES MANAGER OF MOST DEALERSHIPS.