Damage to the vehicle

Guest Al-tint

That sounds exactly like our truck rental sheets. Every time we rent a truck, we have a pre-printed carbon document with pics of the trucks at various angles to document any existing damage. They work well, but we normally ask the customer if they want to be present during that walk-around.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The #1 customer you have to look out for is not the customer that has bought a new car (2005) ...It's the customer that just bought the "new car to him" (2002 for example)

There's plenty wrong with it that they havn't seen until they come to pick it up after your done tinting it sitting under your well lit shop :)

These are the people I make sure I do the walk around with even if your strapped for time...these are the customers what will utter the words: " Shoit! I didn't notice that B4"

Then I reply : "That's because the car isn't new...it's only new to you and didn't feel like being accused of it prior to leaving it my care for a few hrs." :)

The #1 customer you have to look out for is not the customer that has bought a new car (2005) ...It's the customer that just bought the "new car to him" (2002 for example)

There's plenty  wrong with it that they havn't seen until they come to pick it up after your done tinting it sitting under your well lit shop :)

These are the people I make sure I do the walk around with even if your strapped for time...these are the customers what will utter the words: " Shoit! I didn't notice that B4"

Then I reply : "That's because the car isn't new...it's only new to you and didn't feel like being accused of it prior to leaving it my care for a few hrs." :)

[*]322034

:lol2

I have considered that, but with the same issue that TW brought up.  If the customer's really a jerk, they are going to claim you took the pic after. 

If possible, I do a walk around the vehicle with the customer when they drop it off.

[*]321919

If the glass is clear in the picture obviously it was taken before the car was worked on. As for a walk around, well you are wasting time pointing out all the crap that is wrong with the guy's car that he does not want to here about. The drawing is ok, but a picture is worth a thousand words, like bite me :)

The percentage of people that rag about something is small. A simple pic that the customer DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT will change their tone in a hurry if they were trying to scam you.

Guest metint
The percentage of people that rag about something is small.  A simple pic that the customer DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT will change their tone in a hurry if they were trying to scam you.

[*]322080

Nah... I'd do a walk around with them and take the pictures with them as my witness confirming what the camera is seeing. :)

Good tip... Al... especially in the digital age.

Guest Al-tint

Nah... I'd do a walk around with them and take the pictures with them as my witness confirming what the camera is seeing.

I still say no.

By doing that you are portraying to 99.5% of your GOOD customers that you don't trust THEM. ( plus waisting your time ) I can't recall taking my vehicle ( or anything ) to anyone for service, repairs, upgrades or modifications and had their people walk me around my own unit.

Treat your customers how you would like to be treated.

Less than 1% will rag about you damaging something so THEN you show them the picture as proof that you did not do it. At that point you can then tell them to pound sand. A picture is worth a thousand words, after that you only need two, FU.

Guest metint
By doing that you are portraying to 99.5% of your GOOD customers that you don't trust THEM. 

[*]322625

Good point... this day and age, the idea of 'treat one as you would want to be treated' seems as though it were ancient folk lore or something only performed at Sunday services. :)

Archived