Ford Rear View Mirror removal tool

Guest tankster

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SIR TINTSALOT

alot of the fords I just pull it straight down and it pops off. I did have one problem last year but it happened when I was putting the mirror back on. I was having a bad day and the mirror was already in place but I didn't realize it and I pushed down real hard and cracked the windshield. cost me $100 to fix it!!!

you have to use a small flathead.. just put it in the space and tist it a little to loosen the spring. then slide upward. The problem that most people run into and break the glass, it by prying on the glass too much.. it only takes a little twist and pull up.. slides right off. good luck!

Guys, go to the auto glass distributor in your area. PPG, LOF, etc.

They have a set of tools that are to be used to remove all of the mirrors without breaking the windshield.

Much easier than using a screwdriver.

I still have the two sets I bought 15 years ago.

Guest tinterjim

I have a glass shop next door so if I have one thats worries me I go over there and get my buddy use his expertise to remove it :beer

Sorry Tankster, but I am no help :beer

you have to use a small flathead.. just put it in the space and tist it a little to loosen the spring. then slide upward. The problem that most people run into and break the glass, it by prying on the glass too much.. it only takes a little twist and pull up.. slides right off. good luck!

[*]322531

:) That's what I do.

My major issue is screwing up the film when trying to get them back on. You have to slide them so tight to the glass to get them to catch (and they are totally tight), and my film sometimes tears or scratches bad.

Guest Soultinter

I wannna know who the retard engineer is who thougt up that idiotic system and why he still has a job, everybody else has a sensible system, some are even easy like toyota.

Archived