Ford Rear View Mirror removal tool

Guest tankster

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GOLDTINTER
you have to use a small flathead.. just put it in the space and tist it a little to loosen the spring. then slide upward. The problem that most people run into and break the glass, it by prying on the glass too much.. it only takes a little twist and pull up.. slides right off. good luck!

[*]322531

:)

Really, the Ford Mirrors aren't that bad with the right technique.

Lubricate it with heavily soapy water or WD-40, then, gently and lightly pry the bottom part of the bracket with the equalizer tool while pulling upward on the mirror to slide it off the bracket.

On the ones with the slot in the bracket, first spray with soapy water, then push a small allen wrench up into the slot while pulling up on the mirror.

Guest kwidav
:thumb ford has a special tool to remove it. I got mine off with a .028 feeler guage. you have to file about a 1/8" off the side of it because its to wide. then just slide it in the hole in the bottom of the mirror.wiggle the mirror side to side wile pushing up on it. should pop right off.you can get the feeler guage at sears or any auto parts store for about 6 bucks.

There are two types, one that you can slide the pronged tool in and slide the mirror up, the other you have to pry the mirror a small amount and slide it up. The latter should be avoided unless you are brave and know your glass, a cheapo aftermarket windshield will rip a chunk right out

Lubricate it with heavily soapy water or WD-40, then, gently and lightly pry the bottom part of the bracket with the equalizer tool while pulling upward on the mirror to slide it off the bracket.

On the ones with the slot in the bracket, first spray with soapy water, then push a small allen wrench up into the slot while pulling up on the mirror.

:asshat: , I never use that pronged mirror tool on anything its useless

:lock , I never use that pronged mirror tool on anything its useless

it is usless I do agree... I dont do mustang or f150 sunshades anymore...

Archived