Ford Rear View Mirror removal tool

Guest tankster

Guest tint phantom

Ford makes two different mirror mounts, the one with the two prong spring clip is a buster. The clip is stronger than the glass and will crack the windshield most every time, if not carefull. I just cut around it, save the grief and time.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMAGE_309.jpg

Where did you buy this tool Jeff?

i bought the tool off the mac truck and snap-on might have it it is a center cap removal tool...the important part is the abs made to slide under the mirror to take the pressure off the glass....

go to www.myspace.com/ljrutherford and watch the video

Ford makes two different mirror mounts, the one with the two prong spring clip is a buster. The clip is stronger than the glass and will crack the windshield most every time, if not carefull. I just cut around it, save the grief and time.

i have never broke one!!!

Guest streetsounds
alot of the fords i just pull it straight down and it pops off. I did have one problem last year but it happened when I was putting the mirror back on. I was having a bad day and the mirror was already in place but I didn't realize it and I pushed down real hard and cracked the windshield. cost me $100 to fix it!!!

i did the same thing on a navigator cost me as much as the tint job :-(

IMAGE_309.jpg

Where did you buy this tool Jeff?

i bought the tool off the mac truck and snap-on might have it it is a center cap removal tool...the important part is the abs made to slide under the mirror to take the pressure off the glass....

go to www.myspace.com/ljrutherford and watch the video

i have never broke one!!!

Is that the latest style mirror bracket with the 2 prongs like on the new ford trucks??

yo rutherford, Is that the latest style mirror bracket with the 2 prongs like on the new ford trucks??

new style ford yes but old chevy style..this tool is a hub cap removal tool found on mac , matco , or snap on trucks im sure....this has work for me for over 8 years, with no issuses..i say the most important is the piece of ABS or plastic that i made to fit around the bottom of the mirror..i have a video on www.myspace.com/ljrutherford

Archived