Ford Rear View Mirror removal tool

Guest tankster

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I use a 1/4" piece of plexi & make a card out of that?

never thought of that but it may work? just think about the wider the better..the point is to displace the pressure off the glass and have it spread threw the plastic, so i would think it would be 8 inches square

All of the Ford rearviews that I recall, have a metal clip type thingy over the mounting plate.

Those are designed to "roll off".

In the Ford manual, it says to grasp the mirror and roll downwards, as if unrolling it off the tab.

Then they just slip on from the top.

I havent ever used a tool for them... At least not that particular type.

All of the Ford rearviews that I recall, have a metal clip type thingy over the mounting plate.

In the Ford manual, it says to grasp the mirror and roll downwards, as if unrolling it off the tab.

you must be a old school tinter because there is a new style ford is using....which is a old chevy style that was found on the s-10 whatch the video and you will see this style does not roll off

The ford mirror with the double clip is the one you see on Lincolns and Caddys! Take a hook tool and pry it up under the metal clip without prying on the glass and wiggle it off! I broke a couple of these style windshields until a glass installer showed me the way to remove them! It's still alittle hairy taking it off! But i have'nt broken one yet!!

:thumb

You are correct! These guys just are not getting it :lol2

There's the one that's just a break away mirror you can just grab and pull off and then there that bastard one that you see on some s10s that take some TLC to get off! That's the one i thought they were talking about!

you can pause the video and see the clip at the end of the video...these have to slide up after the clip is released...the other standard ford you can use a allan wrench or flat head to get it off. the new style is found on most the newer mustangs and a few other cars..done a mark8 that had this so called new style on it..the old style you have to be a moron not to be able to remove it..lmao...

Archived