Ford Rear View Mirror removal tool

Guest tankster

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's the one that's just a break away mirror you can just grab and pull off and then there that bastard one that you see on some s10s that take some TLC to get off! That's the one i thought they were talking about!

you can pause the video and see the clip at the end of the video...these have to slide up after the clip is released...the other standard ford you can use a allan wrench or flat head to get it off. the new style is found on most the newer mustangs and a few other cars..done a mark8 that had this so called new style on it..the old style you have to be a moron not to be able to remove it..lmao...

Jeff.... also in your video you can clearly see the slot at the top of the mirror base where the CORRECT tool gets inserted so you can pull down on the mirror and 'roll' it off of the base...

In the video you are removing the mirror azz backwards from how it is intended to be removed :thumb

Then to install the mirror it just slides downward on the bracket and the spring clip locks it in place

There's the one that's just a break away mirror you can just grab and pull off and then there that bastard one that you see on some s10s that take some TLC to get off! That's the one i thought they were talking about!

you can pause the video and see the clip at the end of the video...these have to slide up after the clip is released...the other standard ford you can use a allan wrench or flat head to get it off. the new style is found on most the newer mustangs and a few other cars..done a mark8 that had this so called new style on it..the old style you have to be a moron not to be able to remove it..lmao...

Jeff.... also in your video you can clearly see the slot at the top of the mirror base where the CORRECT tool gets inserted so you can pull down on the mirror and 'roll' it off of the base...

In the video you are removing the mirror azz backwards from how it is intended to be removed :lol

Then to install the mirror it just slides downward on the bracket and the spring clip locks it in place

surely it takes a lot more pressure to remove it from the top like you say...all mirrors are designed to fall off if hit in a wreck, im sticking to my backwards way,, :dunno and i will never break one either since im doing it backwards...less pressure on the glass is the way i will stick to it! everyone has their own way!

tts the new ford mirror with the 2 pronged clip is definitely not made to just grasp and pull off like the older ford mirror. The new 2 pronged clip is new for the fords and used on the older s-10s & jimmys.

Yes they are (the new ford ones).. When combined with the FORD removal tool

Insert tool

Grab tool and stem of mirror

pull downward as if rolling down the windshield

:mad

That is the reason there is a notch cut in the top of the mirror base... THAT is where you insert the tool

tts the new ford mirror with the 2 pronged clip is definitely not made to just grasp and pull off like the older ford mirror. The new 2 pronged clip is new for the fords and used on the older s-10s & jimmys.

Yes they are (the new for ones).. When combined with the FORD removal tool

Insert tool

Grab tool and stem of mirror

pull downward as if rolling down the windshield

:money

That is the reason there is a notch cut in the top of the mirror base... THAT is where you insert the tool

Still a video would make all the difference in the world :thumb

Archived