Problems with door panels tinting without removing

Guest chip01

Guest tintgod
all of that, except I roll the window up before I flush the bottom so I dont get a couple of inches of contamination from the gasket

good luck

[*]322904

:lol2 ..yeah metint...why would you flush under the tint before you roll it up all the way :) ..that doesnt sound like good advice from a guy that teaches ppl how to tint :)

roll the window up all the way..then flush out up under the tint...starting from the center of the window ..and moving to the side and down the side rails...oh ..and dont forget to spray the seal portion, flushing out all the contamination..so it doesnt get sucked up at the bottom from any fingers that may pop up..

this is how I did it..before I found out I get a better job just taking the panels off and/or taking out the windows :lol2

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint
all of that, except I roll the window up before I flush the bottom so I dont get a couple of inches of contamination from the gasket

good luck

[*]322904

:) ..yeah metint...why would you flush under the tint before you roll it up all the way :) ..that doesnt sound like good advice from a guy that teaches ppl how to tint :)

roll the window up all the way..then flush out up under the tint...starting from the center of the window ..and moving to the side and down the side rails...oh ..and dont forget to spray the seal portion, flushing out all the contamination..so it doesnt get sucked up at the bottom from any fingers that may pop up..

this is how I did it..before I found out I get a better job just taking the panels off and/or taking out the windows :)

[*]323018

I guess I wrote it as if it were common sense to understand that once the film is squeegee'd down, it doesn't get lifted off the surface again. That it make sense only to flush the part of the glass where the film is not installed to and the line of demarkation... aka the point where the film leaves the surface. :)

Guess not everyone has this gift. :)

Before you question my ability as an instructor... please, I encourage you... come to the class, eh? Just to put things into perspective... I just happen to be frantically giving this guy input while my wife was asking me to get along quick because we were on our way out the door to her mom's funeral services. I wasn't exactly on top of my game at the time. :lol2

Thanks for catching it and filling in the blank spots. :)

Or you could respond to the guys question in depth, too... :lol2

Guest chip01

At which point do you tuck the film beneth the seal. Do you still have to have the liner on or is it removed. If it removed and laying over the door panel how do you get away without getting contamination

Thanks in advance

chip

Guest tint rookie
only pull the liner off 1/2 way, the film will remain unexposed while is resting on the sill.

after rolled up if the film is flat against the glass (just butted up againt the rubber) you will be fine till you work it down under

[*]322951

remove the remaining liner bewtween these two steps

Guest Sprinter
At which point do you tuck the film beneth the seal. Do you still have to have the liner on or is it removed. If it removed and laying over the door panel how do you get away without getting contamination

Thanks in advance

chip

[*]323038

uh, because once the liner is off and the tint goes to the window only 1/8 th of an inch is left to tuck, and if you took the time to clean the gaskets and the felts there would be no contammo, and if you hold the tint off the glass and start tucking it it won't hit the glass till its under the gasket. kind of make it creap up the glass and then as you pull the gasket back you slide the film down the glass and no contammo.

Guest tintgod

good luck

[*]322904

:eyebrows ..yeah metint...why would you flush under the tint before you roll it up all the way :hmmm ..that doesnt sound like good advice from a guy that teaches ppl how to tint :?

this is how I did it..before I found out I get a better job just taking the panels off and/or taking out the windows :)

[*]323018

I guess I wrote it as if it were common sense to understand that once the film is squeegee'd down, it doesn't get lifted off the surface again. That it make sense only to flush the part of the glass where the film is not installed to and the line of demarkation... aka the point where the film leaves the surface. :?

Guess not everyone has this gift. :hmmm

Before you question my ability as an instructor... please, I encourage you... come to the class, eh? Just to put things into perspective... I just happen to be frantically giving this guy input while my wife was asking me to get along quick because we were on our way out the door to her mom's funeral services. I wasn't exactly on top of my game at the time. :lol2

Thanks for catching it and filling in the blank spots. :hmmm

Or you could respond to the guys question in depth, too... :bling

[*]323034

now why would I need to come to your class :hmmm ..when I will be able to see you at work and correct you at the SEMA show :)

Guest metint
now why would I need to come to your class :sign ..when I will be able to see you at work and correct you at the SEMA show :sign

[*]323157

Back at my first SEMA show I had a voice in the crowd say, 'He's doing it wrong'. I stopped my heat gun and forming to say, "Gees, lighten up man, they just showed me how to do this yesterday so I can show you today! If you know a better way, step up and go for it!"

Man comes out of the crowd and shows me a different way than using a gloved hand... he used a hard card to do the same thing... heat form.

When all was done I looked at his ID badge... you know how Bekaert gives out badges to all their dealers, not just those employed by Bekaert? Well, I told him he could now go tell Bekaert he had to show the LLumar techy how to heat form. :bingo:lol2:bingo

Archived