Problems with door panels tinting without removing

Guest chip01

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now why would I need to come to your class :hmmm ..when I will be able to see you at work and correct you at the SEMA show :lol6

[*]323157

Back at my first SEMA show I had a voice in the crowd say, 'He's doing it wrong'. I stopped my heat gun and forming to say, "Gees, lighten up man, they just showed me how to do this yesterday so I can show you today! If you know a better way, step up and go for it!"

Man comes out of the crowd and shows me a different way than using a gloved hand... he used a hard card to do the same thing... heat form.

When all was done I looked at his ID badge... you know how Bekaert gives out badges to all their dealers, not just those employed by Bekaert? Well, I told him he could now go tell Bekaert he had to show the LLumar techy how to heat form. :spit:spit:spit

[*]323275

the truth is, that I continued to tell madico after working for llumar :lol

Chip,

Just check how the door trim is attached because a lot of the time it is only a matter of 3 screws and the whole thing can be lifted away from the glass.

This makes for a gap you could drive a truck through and no wet felt to pop up a finger.

Case in question today...a new Honda Civic 4 door sedan which had 4 screws holding it in. Out with the cordless, off in a minute and far easier IMHO to install.

PS. I get a number of Subaru Foresters in that have been relocated from interstate and I regularly do warranty fixups for our national group only to find the film has been jagged on the bottom edge near the corner of the mirror on the front door glass.

It happens because the installers never removed the trim which only takes seconds and it catches on the inner weatherstrip of which there are 2 of them.

The irony is that the problem doesn't occur right away but can take 3 or 4 years to then "just happen."

So now it costs the original franchisee my dollars to fix the problem.

Devil :spit

Archived